Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 6/16/2015 12:18:49 PM EDT
I'm thinking about getting a extended mag release for my usp 45 tactical. Is this a good upgrade?
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 12:38:53 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I'm thinking about getting a extended mag release for my usp 45 tactical. Is this a good upgrade?
View Quote
lots of people over on hkpro like them.  im getting one for my usp45 and one for my p2000

Link Posted: 6/16/2015 10:18:25 PM EDT
[#2]
if you think you really need it? ive never had an issue hitting the mag release. are you using your thumb or trigger finger to drop the mag?
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 12:23:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I try to use my trigger finger on the mag release. I find using my thumb is easier.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 9:19:12 PM EDT
[#4]
if you use your thumb the extended one may help you a bit, get a little more leverage on it, they are designed to be used for your trigger finger, but it ends up being a training/practice thing.

i have heard good reviews about the extended mag release for the usp pistols, is it your carry pistol?
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 9:27:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I think it is easier to use the trigger finger
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:16:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
if you use your thumb the extended one may help you a bit, get a little more leverage on it, they are designed to be used for your trigger finger, but it ends up being a training/practice thing.

i have heard good reviews about the extended mag release for the usp pistols, is it your carry pistol?
View Quote

It's my off duty pistol.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 10:20:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I installed  the extended mag release today. It feels better than the factory one. HK  should make it standard on all the usp pistol.
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 5:18:56 AM EDT
[#8]
glad it worked for ya, comes down to the shooter, i prefer the index finger for the mag button
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 1:38:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
glad it worked for ya, comes down to the shooter, i prefer the index finger for the mag button
View Quote

I prefer using the index finger also and think the extended mag release is a required upgrade, makes reloading faster/easier.  If your usp uses polymer magazines (I believe the fullsize 9mm and 40 do) then the release may require some modification for proper function.  Otherwise, I think you're good.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 12:21:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
lots of people over on hkpro like them.  im getting one for my usp45 and one for my p2000  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got one, big time improvement.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 1:25:25 AM EDT
[#11]
What exactly are you improving? Its not hard to hit the regular one, practice and training is what you need, but if you want to waste money on an extended mag release , do it
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:23:24 AM EDT
[#12]
This is simply the Mag release from the HK45C, is it not?

It's just a bit longer, not really taller. I have installed it on a USPC 45acp and USP Expert 9mm.

The USP 9mm full size guns have a plastic mag release and plastic mags. The longer HK45C release is a metal tab type. To interface properly with the 9mm plastic mags, the tip of the metal tab on the new release must be properly profiled. Just a bit of filing to change the angle. If you don't do this the plastic mags can fall out of the gun and get chewed up by the metal tab.

This is a decent upgrade, you can always return the old one if needed.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:31:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
What exactly are you improving? Its not hard to hit the regular one, practice and training is what you need, but if you want to waste money on an extended mag release , do it
View Quote
I didn't waste money, not one bit. It gives an increased surface area, something that is very useful while under stress.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:32:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This is simply the Mag release from the HK45C, is it not?

It's just a bit longer, not really taller. I have installed it on a USPC 45acp and USP Expert 9mm.

The USP 9mm full size guns have a plastic mag release and plastic mags. The longer HK45C release is a metal tab type. To interface properly with the 9mm plastic mags, the tip of the metal tab on the new release must be properly profiled. Just a bit of filing to change the angle. If you don't do this the plastic mags can fall out of the gun and get chewed up by the metal tab.

This is a decent upgrade, you can always return the old one if needed.
View Quote
In red, you're correct.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:34:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I didn't waste money, not one bit. It gives an increased surface area, something that is very useful while under stress.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah, i understand the theory behind it, just seems like a fix for not a real problem, JMO, meh
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 12:43:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

yeah, i understand the theory behind it, just seems like a fix for not a real problem, JMO, meh
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV, man.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top