Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
4/18/2021 9:59:29 PM
Posted: 3/21/2017 2:58:24 PM EDT
There have been several good reviews of Primary Machine both here and elsewhere. I have to think, based on that, that they generally have their stuff together and that my order was a fluke. I figure the best metric of customer service is how a company responds to mistakes, so I figured I'd share my experience.

Pretty much everything went wrong with my order. The first problem was that they accidentally threw my RMR out along with the packing material when they received my slide. I panicked when I got the email asking where the optic was. To be fair, I could have made the optic a bit more conspicuous in the box. I told them how I packed it, and what the serial number was. They immediately agreed to replace my optic on their dime. I got my machined slide with RMR installed promptly, within the original lead time.

Unfortunately, they also forgot to install or include the suppressor height sights I also ordered. After I informed them of this, they immediately shipped the sights, which I got two days later.

While pretty much everything went wrong when filling my order, they did correct everything promptly to my satisfaction. They could have told me to pound sand, but instead replaced my $550 optic after reasonably asking me to double check that it I put it in the package to begin with. So A+ for customer service.

What I did receive (and again, within expected lead time) is exactly what I ordered. The machining looks very good. They machined the slide so that there are posts sticking out which mate with the optic. I have yet to test it, but suspect little to no windage adjustment will be needed when it comes time to replace batteries. They cerakoted my slide and it looks flawless. I'm happy. I won't hesitate to use them in the future.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 7:57:17 PM EDT
Had both my RMRs installed by Primary Machine.  P07 and P09, suppressor height sights milled (rear) into the slide and installed.

I just sent my RMRs in the factory plastic container, which they shipped back to me.

I'm very happy with mine.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 8:31:17 PM EDT
They have my slide now getting the UCC V1 cut and cutting out for a DPP.  So far very happy with their communication. Answered all questions thoroughly and quickly. They called when they received my items and verified some confusion with my wording on my work order.  Hopefully, I should have it back next week.

I've only heard good things about them, and so far having a good experience with them. I am sure the final product will be fantastic since I have been following them on Facebook and seeing all of their work they have been doing.
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:20:27 PM EDT
Thanks for the honest feedback.  Sounds like they had a couple of hiccups with your order but took care of it. 
I'm still on the fence about having my 19 milled for an RMR and read most of these threads on the subject.  They are still on my list.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 3/21/2017 9:22:43 PM EDT
Crap happens.  A test of a good company is how they fix a given problem.  Sounds like they went over and above to replace your RMR and make everything right.   That sounds like a stand up place to me.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 10:40:00 PM EDT
I just got my slide back from them. Excellent work. The slide even came packed in a custom fitted (think Pelican plucking foam) padded box, inside of the shipping box. Awesome presentation. 2.5 weeks door to door. I'll be ordering their Stealth comp soon.

Link Posted: 4/2/2017 12:21:47 PM EDT
Might as well post mine too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 1:50:32 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote
are you running dawson MOS sights? They look TALL.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:35:22 AM EDT
Quoted:

are you running dawson MOS sights? They look TALL.
View Quote
I think so. They are the ones provided by Primary Machine. They are almost absolute cowitness. I am considering replacing them with something lower, if anyone has any suggestions.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:01:59 AM EDT
Quoted:
Had both my RMRs installed by Primary Machine.  P07 and P09, suppressor height sights milled (rear) into the slide and installed.

I just sent my RMRs in the factory plastic container, which they shipped back to me.

I'm very happy with mine.
View Quote
The containers are cool, they gota be good for something, I just haven't figured out for what.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 12:11:26 PM EDT
The machining looks nice. I like the look of that fde slide. Is that a factory Glock slide?
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 5:54:19 PM EDT
Quoted:

I think so. They are the ones provided by Primary Machine. They are almost absolute cowitness. I am considering replacing them with something lower, if anyone has any suggestions.
View Quote
Cheapest to replace it with is ameriglo tall sights. They are .315

Zev cowitness sights (looks to be Dawson manufactured) is .300.

Dawson mos sights are .395 I think
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 8:57:14 PM EDT
Quoted:
The machining looks nice. I like the look of that fde slide. Is that a factory Glock slide?
View Quote
Yes, factory Glock slide. I believe they will only mill on factory slides.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:52:22 PM EDT
The guys there are pretty good dudes. I live local (about 25 minutes away) and drove my slide there to get milled. I went with a FF2 since that's what I already had on hand. I had it back within a week.

Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:09:50 PM EDT
They were really quick with me, milled the slide for an Rmr and had one of their cuts done and had it cerakoted.  The milling work was great.  The cerakote job was terrible, scrapes off with my fingernail.  

I'm sure they'd make it right, but I haven't bothered bringing it up, but that's just a personal thing with me.  I only give people one chance.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:38:27 PM EDT
I've had my G19C with FF3 back from Primary Machine for almost two years. Still rock solid and a pleasure to shoot with no drama. Regards
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:51:26 AM EDT
Quoted:
They were really quick with me, milled the slide for an Rmr and had one of their cuts done and had it cerakoted.  The milling work was great.  The cerakote job was terrible, scrapes off with my fingernail.  

I'm sure they'd make it right, but I haven't bothered bringing it up, but that's just a personal thing with me.  I only give people one chance.
View Quote
I wonder what happened with the cerakote job?  My P07 is just starting to show some wear on the front corners of the muzzle and it gets shoved into and pulled out of the kydex/leather holster a couple times a day most days.
Top Top