Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2003 10:45:51 PM EDT
I want to eventually buy a revolver (S&W or Taurus) in .45 acp (maybe 2 actually) to have as a bed gun, and maybe one in the car permanently. Not as sexy as a semi auto but it'll fire even if it goes click the 1st time. Anyways, I would want a light on a gun that I might pull when something goes bump in the night. How would one do that? Is there anyway available to mount a light on there? Either a M3 or one of those new Surefire X200's (I have one coming for my TLE/RL).

I know I can just use a light in one hand and the various tactical advantages of not having it on my gun and I always keep a Surefire near anyways but I want one on my gun so I can have both light and gun in one hand while I have to manipulate doors and such. (That sure is a long sentence) Anyways I'm sorry about my rambling but anyone have any ideas better than taping it onto the barrel?

Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:24:52 AM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I've seen a small light that clamped to the trigger guard, that'd probably fit, but it makes it nearly impossible to fit the revolver into a holster.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've seen a small light that clamped to the trigger guard, that'd probably fit, but it makes it nearly impossible to fit the revolver into a holster.

Holster doesn't matter in this case. Where did you find the light? Do you have a website?
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:18:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Try Cheaper than Dirt and ADCO.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 3:44:54 PM EDT
[#5]
   It may look kinda tacky, but you could possibly screw a weaver stlye base onto the bottom of the grips, depending on what kind of grips you have. Then you can buy any of the flashights that attach to a weaver style rail.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 5:00:34 PM EDT
[#6]
True. I'd really prefer something under the barrel though. I wonder how hard something like this would be to machine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top