Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/1/2005 6:09:52 PM EDT
I've managed to fuck up my new Springfield XD9 Tactical. I was giving it a hasty cleaning last night (Man, that finish is rustprone as hell), and absentmindedly reassembled it...and for some reason when I drew back the slide it locked halfway back (no mag in the magwell). Furthermore, both the barrel and the recoil spring guide(That is the proper terminology, right?) are sticking out about a half inch further than they should. The slide moves neither backward nor forward; it seems quite well stuck. I've had this gun for less than a month and a;ready I've managed screw it up. I'm really feeling like a jackass right now, can anyone offer any suggestions, or better yet, solutions?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:13:43 PM EDT
did you completely disassemble it or fieldstrip it?
can it come apart?
I can only think of the recoil rod being put in back wards from a fieldstrip and I never did this to mine so I don't know if it will jam from that.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:38:41 PM EDT
I field stripped it, it is completely jammed (if it could come apart I'd be set-just take it apart and put it back together correctly). And I guess the recoil rod might be backward, but I'm pretty sure that the rear of the rod is too wide to fit in the corresponding hole in the front face of the slide. I could be wrong though.

Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:44:46 PM EDT
The sear is enguaging the striker, plus your guide rod has slipped out of place. To fix it press the slide forward and pull the trigger to relese the striker then push the slide forward. If you get the sear off the striker and it is still stuck then make it go forward with a rubber mallet.

You may have to hold the pistol upside down but the slide will come off with force.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:30:30 PM EDT
Remove the mag and use a dowel [I used a screwdriver] and push upward on the underside of the silde/barrel... it should pop back into place.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:57:00 PM EDT
yeah same thing happened to me, i cant remeber how i fixed it but i just toggled something or like that
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 9:46:17 PM EDT
yea, same thing happened to me, i dont remember how i fixed it, i beleive it involved the side of a table and a wind up - hahahaha, but once i got it back together, it was 100%. so dont worry. they are pretty resilient.

Good luck
AA
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:18:20 AM EDT
Thishappened to a friend of mine. The recoil spring guide was bent. You might have one from that bad batch of guides i heard about. If so, send the guide to Springfield if you can get it out, and they will replace it for free.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:44:08 PM EDT
I also have a XD9 and the same thing happened when I was re-assembling it. I also smacked it on back with the table and it came apart and was able to re-assemble with no incedent.

Anyone have problems with rounds loading? I was shooting some reloads, that I reloaded, and it was jaming up about every fifth round. Anyone else?
Top Top