Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2011 11:51:46 AM EDT
This is my Eclipse Pro II to date. Let me know what you think, be gentle, this is my first 1911 and first time doing any "custom" work of my own.

First thing I did was switch out the slide release with a Wilson Combat extended one. It was a PERFECT drop in with the Mil-Tac G10 grips I had on before this pic was taken. When I put these Kimber Carbon Creations grips on I found the top of the grip didn't leave clearance for the extended lever, so I took the Dremel to the top edge of the grip and flattened it down a hair.

I also have added a Wilson Combat mag well, it's not part of the MSH, it's the drop in type with the brackets that just go around the bottom grip screw bushings. So, again what I had to do was take the Dremel and dig out the shape of the magwell's brackets out of the inside of the grips, so there wasn't a gap between the frame and the grips.

That's it for now. These Kimber Carbon Creations grips are great btw. Enough grip for a secure feel, but smooth enough to feel good carrying IWB. And I think the carbon fiber look compliments the Eclipse brushed finish.

So that's my first "custom" projects on a 1911. What say the hive?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:11:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Personal modification are just that, personal! It looks like you did a good job with the modifications and if those mods compliment your needs and shooting style all the better. Nice job overall, let us know how the gun shoots and if the mods live up to your expectations.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:01:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I haven't gotten to shoot it since it was stock, stupid Maine weather...

The only other thing I might look into is a MSH with an integral magwell, and perhaps some trigger work by a 'smith, because I'm nowhere near that level of knowledge on this thing yet. But this is it for it for now until I shoot it more and feel it out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top