Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2012 1:15:53 PM EDT
I was thinking about installing a thick flange bushing on my Baer TRS,I measured the bbl OD at .581'' and the slide ID at .700.I noticed that the "Drop in bushing" specs are .583'' and .699''.I guess my question is,what kind of clearance would be optimum on these parts?I'm thinking I might have to do a little fitting.Any advice on the best approach?
 Thanks for your time,
    'Scott
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 1:44:12 PM EDT
[#1]
you can call egw and tell them your numbers and they will make the bushing perfect.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
you can call egw and tell them your numbers and they will make the bushing perfect.

I just called George,he thinks it will be right there.I just have to make sure it locks up the same.I already ordered it,so I'm on my own now.I'm sure I'll have many more questions as I go along.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 6:20:19 PM EDT
[#3]
very interested in this one!
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 3:02:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I always give them the numbers for .000 clearnce and go from there. .003 clearnce is nothing it is only .0015 allaround, a perfect fit.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 6:17:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I always give them the numbers for .000 clearnce and go from there. .003 clearnce is nothing it is only .0015 allaround, a perfect fit.

Do you use lapping compound for the bushing ID?I have access to a vert mill and a lathe at work but it seems like removing .0001-.0002'' would be a polish job.I figure if I screw it up,I'm only out 25 bucks.I mainly want to learn how to do it properly.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:05:02 AM EDT
[#6]
just an old tube semichrom and a wooden dowel with a cotton patch in a drill press.
Link Posted: 2/16/2012 8:26:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
just an old tube semichrom and a wooden dowel with a cotton patch in a drill press.

Thanks,good to know.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top