Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
9/17/2020 5:59:48 PM
Posted: 7/20/2010 5:35:00 PM EDT
I had a minor rust issue on the P7 that I carry from a day that I was wearing it and sweating bad. Had just a bit forming on the left side at the back of the slide where it would stick up just above the leather of my holster.

Anyway, I had it all apart the other night, cleaned off the rust, etc.. I had read that EEZOX provided some protection after it dries, which sounded ideal for a carry gun. So I applied the EEZOX, perhaps slightly heavier than I should have, but still not too heavy. The only reason I say maybe heavier than I should have is that I let it dry overnight, and the next day I found parts that were still wet. I wiped everything down, reassembled, and now the slide is a fair amount more stiff than it used to be. I can pull the slide back, but it takes quite a bit more force than it used to.

I've put about 70 rounds through it so far since. I haven't had a single failure of any kind. I can't tell if the shooting loosened it up at all, it may have slightly, but not much. I can't actually see any hard residue anywhere. I guess I could brush the rails with some steel wool and see if that makes a difference.

Anyone have this issue with this stuff? Any ideas how to rectify the situation?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:49:46 PM EDT
I've used EEzox for years and believe to be the best gun oil out there. I would hypothesize that EEzox did not cause your gun to seem stiffer. Its hard to say what caused this.

For sweaty days I wipe my guns down with Sentry Solutions Marine Tuff Cloth. Keeps the rust away.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:45:17 AM EDT
I don't know, I think it had to have been the EEZOX. It never felt different, then the next morning after applying the EEZOX, the slide is significantly stiff to pull back. Like I said, it's possible I applied too much since it was still wet in the morning.

I was just reading on their website in the FAQs, it says "Do not allow EEZOX® to pool and dry, especially on semiautos." Chances are that's what happened. The question is, what's the best way to get it off.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:03:35 PM EDT
I have been using EEZOX for about 4 years now and love it. I just spray it down wipe it down a little and some grease to the slide rails.
When done the gun is still wet and I leave it like that. Leaving it wet is just fine in my book.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:54:57 PM EDT
just reapply some more eezox and leave the right film.  I run ezzox wet on the slides anyway, only a problem in cold winters low teens gun temp the slide becomes real sluggish but still functions 100%.
Top Top