Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2010 5:35:00 PM EDT
I had a minor rust issue on the P7 that I carry from a day that I was wearing it and sweating bad. Had just a bit forming on the left side at the back of the slide where it would stick up just above the leather of my holster.

Anyway, I had it all apart the other night, cleaned off the rust, etc.. I had read that EEZOX provided some protection after it dries, which sounded ideal for a carry gun. So I applied the EEZOX, perhaps slightly heavier than I should have, but still not too heavy. The only reason I say maybe heavier than I should have is that I let it dry overnight, and the next day I found parts that were still wet. I wiped everything down, reassembled, and now the slide is a fair amount more stiff than it used to be. I can pull the slide back, but it takes quite a bit more force than it used to.

I've put about 70 rounds through it so far since. I haven't had a single failure of any kind. I can't tell if the shooting loosened it up at all, it may have slightly, but not much. I can't actually see any hard residue anywhere. I guess I could brush the rails with some steel wool and see if that makes a difference.

Anyone have this issue with this stuff? Any ideas how to rectify the situation?
Link Posted: 7/20/2010 6:49:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used EEzox for years and believe to be the best gun oil out there. I would hypothesize that EEzox did not cause your gun to seem stiffer. Its hard to say what caused this.

For sweaty days I wipe my guns down with Sentry Solutions Marine Tuff Cloth. Keeps the rust away.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 6:45:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I don't know, I think it had to have been the EEZOX. It never felt different, then the next morning after applying the EEZOX, the slide is significantly stiff to pull back. Like I said, it's possible I applied too much since it was still wet in the morning.

I was just reading on their website in the FAQs, it says "Do not allow EEZOX® to pool and dry, especially on semiautos." Chances are that's what happened. The question is, what's the best way to get it off.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:03:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been using EEZOX for about 4 years now and love it. I just spray it down wipe it down a little and some grease to the slide rails.
When done the gun is still wet and I leave it like that. Leaving it wet is just fine in my book.
Link Posted: 7/21/2010 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#4]
just reapply some more eezox and leave the right film.  I run ezzox wet on the slides anyway, only a problem in cold winters low teens gun temp the slide becomes real sluggish but still functions 100%.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top