Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2016 8:52:02 AM EDT
I want to start carrying my TRP Op (WITHOUT light) as my duty weapon. When using Safariland's search engine the only thing that pops up for it are thigh rigs. Is there a basket weave, als/sls holster my pistol will fit? If not, do they one for most railed 1911's that I can slightly modify?.

I can't get ahold of the company and haven't been able to find a solid answer on any forum so far. I appreciate the help?

While I'm asking this if anyone knows the difference in shape between TRP operator's and other railed 1911's, I'm curious to know what it is. Surefire makes two different DG switches for railed 1911's the DG18 and DG18a
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 9:14:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Is it a full rail operator?
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 11:05:12 AM EDT
[#2]
No, not full rail.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#3]
May I ask why you would rather carry without a light?  Department policy?

I can tell you from first hand experience having a WML is a huge advantage clearing a house in the dark.

Link Posted: 8/10/2016 1:04:32 PM EDT
[#4]
6360 fit 174

HERE
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
May I ask why you would rather carry without a light?  Department policy?

I can tell you from first hand experience having a WML is a huge advantage clearing a house in the dark.

View Quote

This..... holding a light is ok but being able to have both hands on the pistol is WAY better than one on a light one on the pistol.  Plus the ability to have two lights one where the weapon is pointing and one to check sides and rear is hugely advantageous.

Since you are getting into a new holster why not start out looking for a holster that accommodates a light instead of dropping coin on one holster to later have to drop more coin on a WML holster.  Buy once cry once and if you are LEO you already make beans compared to many other professions.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 5:03:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Department policy
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks man.
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 5:41:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Department policy
View Quote

That's what I figured

The people writing the policies probably haven't cleared a house in 10+ years

Link Posted: 8/13/2016 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I use a Safariland 6305-56-131 for my Kimber SIS Custom Rail. It has Springfield Operator stamped on it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2016 9:24:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Go to Safarilands main site, choose the holster type you want and go through the steps for Make, model, bbl length, caliber.  Finding the holster first and then filling in the holster make info can get you better results than the holster finder chart.

ETA:  There's not much difference between the half rail 1911 models, especially when buying a holster that will also fit a light.  The 6395 I bought for the full rail 2011 w/ light was listed for the 1911A1 Operator w/light .  It fits perfectly and works fine as do my other Safariland light bearing holsters and the new full rail gun with light.

Link Posted: 8/14/2016 10:19:13 PM EDT
[#11]
IS that with or without a light?
Link Posted: 8/16/2016 6:07:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

IS that with or without a light?
View Quote
The holster I got was with light.  The point I was trying poorly to make was there's not much difference between railed 1911s when it comes to holsters (exception is the full rail without light).   Just because your exact model isn't listed, It's a good bet that another Make is and it will probably work just fine.  YMMV.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Will your 1911 securely fit in the light bearing holster you have without a light? I ask because they will eventually change the policy so I would rather by a light bearing holster that I can use with or without a light.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:21:34 PM EDT
[#14]
The 6395, which is ALS only, locks the STI in without the light but I wouldn't say its a secure fit because it's loose, really loose.  I don't think you can adjust the fit enough to make it a good fit without the light.  None of the light bearing holsters I have, Safariland and others, will securely hold the pistol without the light with the exception of the 6395, and like I said, it's not a good fit.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#15]
At one time I carried a TLE RL II with a TLR affixed.  I used a Safarilad 6280.  I'm certain they'd have one that fit your need.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:32:14 PM EDT
[#16]
How big is your dept? When we finally got gen 4 g17's the first thing I did was drop a light on it and switch holsters. Our swat guys were the only guys at the time authorized to have lights, but it's my life on the line at 2am not theirs. After a couple years they finally came around. Nobody said shit to me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top