Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2006 8:33:14 PM EDT
Has anyone use the DuraCoat finish by Lauer Custom Weaponry? Will it stick to stainless steel?

Sigmonster
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:36:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Had my XD slide ducacoated in matte black Here

Email James and ask him any questions about coatings.  He has done hundreds of weapons and does some of the PD's weapons as well.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:35:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a HK P9S slide Duracoat from Lauer Custom Weaponry. LCW did a GREAT job!

The guys are LCW are the best. I was at their shop last night and Steve Lauer was very busy trying to get items Duracaoted and get ready for the SHOT Show.

Give them a call at 1-800-830-6677 and ask for Tom, Paul or Steve. They will tell you if it will stick to a stainless steel slide.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:52:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I emailed them last night. I had a reply from Steve this morning. He said that it will stick to stainless steel, you just need to use 600 grit sand paper on the surface first.

Sigmonster
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 1:00:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Kimber frame done myself with Swedish K duracoat. Good stuff.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top