Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2003 12:34:30 PM EDT
Are these as reliable as the singls stack ones?  I haven't seen one in a while, but I was thinking of customizing a Makarov after looking a W-W's.  I figured the hi-cap one would be as good as any, different at least.

Ross
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 8:40:49 AM EDT
[#1]
i just traded my last hi cap mak. yesterday and the reason was reliability.the basic pistol is a very good design and is very reliable,the problem with the hi caps is the magazines aren't a very good design (except for the gunuine russian 12rd.ones which are VERY hard to find and are really expensive.)i would stick with the 8 rd.version myself.i hope this helps GM out
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#2]
It does indeed.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 11:08:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I have had my Hi-cap mak for about 9 years now.  I don't think I can ever remember having a failure to fire or feed sense I bought the Russian 10rd mags.  They look like shit(floor plates, scratched and etched with monkey scribbled numbers), but they really work well.  They look just like the 12rd mags.  BTW, last I checked the Russian 12s were only like 30.00 apiece.  Maybe they are all gone now, but not too long ago, that is what they were advertised for.

I even shoot my Mak with reloaded HPs.  No problem, ever!  My first Bulgie had more problems than I have ever experenced with my Hi-Cap.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#4]
i was mainly refering to the aftermarket mags which i have used seemed to be junk. the real russian 10 & 12's both work, but the 10's are getting hard to find (i only know 2 sources but i heard both are drying up fast)as for the 12rd. mag i haven't found any for the last 6 months or so,i believe the source for them is dry, so you know where the price will go now just my .02  GM out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top