Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2006 4:21:57 AM EDT
I saw one at Gander Mountain and it looked like a really nice peice.  It had a stainless slide and a polymer frame, DA/SA with what looked liked an ambi safety/de-cacker.  It seemed like it would be a decent 9mm with a price of under $500 at Gander so that means it could probably be had for around $400 at a show.  Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:56:58 AM EDT
[#1]
It is not a gun you see a whole lot of - Browning makes the same gun as well a Pro 9 I believe.

It should be a good gun. The few postings I have read about have always been positive. If it feels good in your hand, then get it.

For me personally, if I get a polymer gun, I want a striker based gun. If I want one w/ a traditional hammer, then I get a metal gun. Just my thing.

Look at the SW99 and the Walther P99 w/ the AS trigger too. Great gun. They are switching to a different trigger style now (Walther will be only selling the P99 QA, and S&W only now makes the SW990L) - so they are being sold off very cheaply now.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:32:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I have the FNP-9.  I beilieve the blue slide version is FN's and the Stainless slide is the Browning Pro-9 version.

Shoots great and the fit and finish is excellent.  I have read quite a bit about FN Mfg in South Carolina and the have definately put together a winner.  It has just not received much press.

If you do a search, one co was offering it with (3) 16 rd mags for around $399.

Good luck!

ETA Oh, the single action pull is beautiful at 3.5 lbs!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:37:45 AM EDT
[#3]
only bad thing about them is they won't fire without a mag inserted
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top