Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2016 5:39:51 PM EDT
I'm not talking about one of the hybrid designs similar to the MTAC.  I mean the kydex holster with leather "wings".  I basically want a CTAC made like they used to be - out of formed kydex instead of the cheaper injection molded stuff Comp Tac makes now.  Anyone making something like that?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:44:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Try Theis
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 9:23:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Without going to the basement to look.

BladeTech "Total Eclipse"
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:21:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Check Ebay.  There's one maker on there making something very similar to what you're looking for.

ETA:  Here you go.

And for what it's worth, I got a C-Tac for my Glock 43 not too long ago.  Doesn't seem like old school kydex, but I'm pretty certain it is kydex in some form.  I don't know how they get their logos and molding done so crisply, but it definitely doesn't seem to be injection molded.

From their FAQ:  

Are your holsters injection molded?
No.  All of our Kydex is hand-cut and molded to attain its shape. There is no injection molding used in the process.  Holster accessories like clips or mounting hardware use an injection molding process during some phases of construction.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:45:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the suggestions. Whatever the material is that Comp Tac uses now, I am not crazy about it. I have a couple newer ones, but the guns don't "snap" in and out like they did with the older stuff.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 6:55:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the suggestions. Whatever the material is that Comp Tac uses now, I am not crazy about it. I have a couple newer ones, but the guns don't "snap" in and out like they did with the older stuff.
View Quote

I agree the formed kydex just looks better all around.  I have one for my G35
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top