Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2006 6:49:30 AM EDT
I have already purchased a EVO-9 suppressor without having a host-gun yet.

I thought I was going to purchase a Glock G19 for my host gun, but I have been looking at my PX4.......

I have talked to TROS about them threading my barrel, making a P22 thread-like adapter,
and then making a thread adapter sleeve for the barrel to protect the barrel threads.

They are asking $175 for the work to be done............

my main question is this................. With the PX4 barrel being the way it is, rotating, it turns clockwise when
looking down the business end, also it only turns 1/8 of a turn. I know that it rotates slightly, will tightening
the suppressor by hand very snugly, help me keep it from loosening up?

I have asked this question before a while ago but did not get any response except one person who
had put a suppressor on his Beretta Cougar, which has a rotating barrel also I believe.

He said that it loosens up when the slide goes back into battery after being fired............ but tightens back
up when fired, when the slide is driven back by the recoil.

I know by buying a Glock G19 I will be saving myself some trouble as far as sending my stuff out to be machined.
But do you think that my idea of using my PX4 to be my host gun will be a good or bad idea?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top