Posted: 2/11/2006 7:26:18 AM EDT
?

More specifically, the Full Size model PX9151L
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:28:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Kimber does
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 12:21:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes they do. I wanted one, but I have heard so much about problems from both the Kimber and SA models that I'm afraid to throw money at either.

9mm in a 1911, for some reason, seems to be a problem.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:29:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I find it hard to believe that Kimber makes a pistol that consistently has problems.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:32:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Not to hijack your thread too bad, but my uncle, who is a "retired" gunsmith, has about 10 or so Star 9mm/38 super 1911 style handguns, and every one of them that I have shot seemed to run pretty good.  He picked up a bunch of them back in the days when he still had his FFL, and I think most of the ones he had were either new 9mm Lugers or surplus 9mm Largos from the Spanish Army.

Don't get me wrong, he still has several ultra customized Colt 1911s too, but those Star pistols were a great gun for the money and easily customized by him.  He kept a few in 9mm Largo, and converted some to 9mm and 38 super.  Every time I ask to buy one of the Stars off of him, he laughs and says they are not for sale.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 1:32:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yes they do. I wanted one, but I have heard so much about problems from both the Kimber and SA models that I'm afraid to throw money at either. 9mm in a 1911, for some reason, seems to be a problem.

I've got a SA 9mm 1911 and the only problems I've had are with one mag which doesn't like to lock the slide back. I bought all my mags directly from SA. They're Metalforms. The next best thing to a .45 1911 is a 9mm 1911.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top