Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2012 4:58:24 PM EDT
Like the idea of .45 in such a concealable package. Just not a fan of the XD series. Not that I need another handgun, but I'd be interested on one if S&W made one to compete with this.

ben
Link Posted: 7/2/2012 5:05:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I assume that you mean XDS?

Have you handled the M&P45 Compact?  Personally I find the size to be perfect.  Similar to a Glock 19.

If I wanted smaller then I would go with a 9mm.  Yes, 45 is more powerful than 9mm but only marginally and with shot placement being the key component to a gunfight...
Link Posted: 7/4/2012 9:27:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a 9mm Shield. If I could carry a .45 with same capacity and similar size, why not?

Just curious. Not looking to buy.

ben
Link Posted: 7/5/2012 4:59:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Dunno but I've been giving serious thought to the XDs even though I'm not a big XD fan.  Bigger question is whether Springfield puts out a XDs in 9mm.  If they do, it'll be interesting to see if it drives a sales war between it and the Shield.
Link Posted: 7/6/2012 7:37:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Dunno but I've been giving serious thought to the XDs even though I'm not a big XD fan.  Bigger question is whether Springfield puts out a XDs in 9mm.  If they do, it'll be interesting to see if it drives a sales war between it and the Shield.

They will be making the XDs in 9mm and 40 S&W, coming out later this year. They built the 45 ACP version first so they don't have to alter the size so all accessories, holsters, etc will fit the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top