Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2012 1:18:49 PM EDT
Just bought a 34 and purposely ordered it without a ported barrel. When I received it, it had the cutout in the slide.

Did these come from Glock with a solid slide as an option

TIA

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The slide cutout is to make the slide the same weight as the G17, thus using the same spring.

IIRC, LW makes a G34 length solid slide.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 1:37:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 1:41:00 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not a port, it's a lightening cut.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#4]
All 34/35s come that way.
Link Posted: 9/4/2012 3:18:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Just bought a 34 and purposely ordered it without a ported barrel. When I received it, it had the cutout in the slide.

Did these come from Glock with a solid slide as an option

TIA

all 34/35 have the slide cutout and there are no C versions.

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Since the G34/35 slide is longer - more steel - something had to be taken out to balance out the
weight of the slide -

One thing nice about them is you CAN add a aftermarket barrel ...

The G34 cut out is bigger than the G35 cut out

Link Posted: 9/4/2012 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks everybody for the info. Wasn't sure if the slide was mixed up with a ported model. Also took it for granted there was a ported model to start with.

Originally was looking to get a 21 and getting a Wolf solid longslide and shooting 45 Super. After seeing Wolf's Glock mag AR lower, and 22 round Glock factory magazines, I went with the 40SW.

Need to look through here for reviews for Wolf's Glock AR lower and upper.
Thanks again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top