Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 10:27:49 AM EDT
I want to buy a Sig P229 DAK in .357SIG, however no local range has a rental one that I can shoot, but there are several local ranges which have rental P229's in .40.  I'm going tonight to rent a 229 in .40 and would like to know what the differences are in feel, felt recoil, snappiness, etc. between the .40 which i'm going to shoot and the .357SIG which i'm most likely going to buy.

Thanks a lot, any info is certainly appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#1]
For me the .357 Mag has a more straight back less muzzle flip sort of recoil.  It's hits your hands harder but doesn't climb much and is back on target faster.  .40 has less smack to your hands but has a lot more muzzle flip and doesn't recover on the target as fast.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
For me the .357 Mag has a more straight back less muzzle flip sort of recoil.  It's hits your hands harder but doesn't climb much and is back on target faster.  .40 has less smack to your hands but has a lot more muzzle flip and doesn't recover on the target as fast.  YMMV.

Exactly the info I was looking for, THANKS!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top