Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2003 7:56:24 AM EDT
This is a former cop gun. KA date code. (1990) It was DAO which I found out only after I got it. I was a bit bummed. Luckily, I found a Sigforum member who was willing to trade me parts so I could have DA/SA. I detailed stripped the gun, replaced the hammer & added the decock mechanism. Cleaned the gun up. Sent the slide to Trijicon who replaced the lamps on the night sights for $58. (Included return shipping) I finished it off by replacing the factory grips with Hogues & some new hex screws. I was going to have the slide refinished (K-Kote) but decided against it. I like the worn look. Here's the finished product:

Now if only Ohio would get CCW. This would make a perfect carry gun.... and don't have to worry about holster wear.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 3:26:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Gotta love the 228 in any condition.
I put a '94 228 away for the "big day", if it ever happens.
My Hogues seem more bulbous that yours, I put the originals back on along with the slotted screws...at least for now.
With 4 13 rounders, I will only purchase the 226 15 rounders from now on.
I agree on the perfect concealed carry gun, the 228 would be my 1st choice.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Good job.  SIGs are my favorite DA pistol.

Just a tip.  You'll end up swapping out the Hogues if you use it for CCW.  The rubber clings to clothing and prints the gun heavily when carrying concealed.  See if you can find some of the old checkered SIG grips, as opposed to the stippled ones on current guns.  They tend to be squirmy when shooting.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 1:23:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Get a set of Nill stippled combat grips for that baby, and you'll be good to go for ccw.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Took the gun out the other day & put about 75 rounds through it. Tested out a couple aftermarket range-only mags. They are the $9.99 el-cheapos from CDNN. I think they are made by USA. (I know!) They hold 13rds. Worked perfectly. I wouldn't pack with them but beats wearing out my Sig factory mags when plinking at targets. I don't feel like investing in more factory mags with the future of the ban uncertain & its demise less than a year away now.
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 3:08:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got an LE trade 228, two tone, with trijicons.  My only beef is that the mag release is on the wrong side (for a righty).  Other than that, its perfect.  I got mine for CCW as well, and the damn judges here in MO are screwing us on that.  I bought a bunch of ProMag 13rd mags from CDNN and they all worked great.  $14 a pc.  Anyone know where I can get more factory 13rd mags?
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 6:45:43 PM EDT
[#6]
whats CDNN url?
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
whats CDNN url?

www.cdnninvestments.com
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 6:30:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just got an LE trade 228, two tone, with trijicons.  My only beef is that the mag release is on the wrong side (for a righty).  Other than that, its perfect.  I got mine for CCW as well, and the damn judges here in MO are screwing us on that.  I bought a bunch of ProMag 13rd mags from CDNN and they all worked great.  $14 a pc.  Anyone know where I can get more factory 13rd mags?

Are you a southpaw???  Try your trigger finger for the mag release...after some practice you will like it more...some righties even switch out the mag release lefty style so they can use their trigger finger! :)
Bill
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 3:03:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Get a set of Nill stippled combat grips for that baby, and you'll be good to go for ccw.

Get a set. You wont be dissapointed.
I have them on both my P239 and P228.
They're great for concealed use.
I have stock grips on the P226 and P220 for "exposed" wear.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 8:14:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like a good pistol but get that slide refinished , I know it's a carry gun and all but i hate seeing grooves like that in a slide
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top