Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2011 11:36:54 AM EDT
Just bought it on a whim, to try it out. Was not planning on buying a gun today, but held this gun and said what the hell and bought it. I also stopped by the DB factory and purchased a new mag, and found out some great news. Being a Firefighter, they gave me a free mag on top of the one I bought. Any LE/FF/Mil gets a free mag with the purchase of a DB gun. Just fax, email or send a copy of your purchase with credentials, and Bam! Free mag. Honestly, this gun is more of a novelty for me, as I can't see it replacing my PM9 or G19 for EDC, but I can see just tossing in my glove box or pocket on quick trips to the store, depending on how it performs tomorrow. I am going to beat the piss out of it with different ammo in the morning. Price was $329.95, can't wait to see what this gun is made of. Pics! Also, just from handling and looking at it, it seems to be a quality built piece.

Link Posted: 7/11/2011 5:07:19 PM EDT
[#1]
They let Fiermen buy guns, I thought they just gave you guys buckets of water!
Link Posted: 7/11/2011 5:13:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know you, but I like you already lol! Guns are for the days off!

Quoted:

They let Fiermen buy guns, I thought they just gave you guys buckets of water!

Link Posted: 7/12/2011 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Loving mine.  246 rounds through it so far, and no problems since breaking in with the first 63 rounds.

Link Posted: 7/13/2011 2:42:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I put 100 rds of RWS 124gr through it with 0 issues. It sure did beat the piss out of my hand!! Goin back this morning to shoot 115 gr, see if it's less "snappy". The first time, it felt like I was shooting my PM40 with gold dots.

Traumatized meaty hand portion!

Link Posted: 7/13/2011 2:45:20 AM EDT
[#5]
want this holster! did you make it or purchase it good sir?

Quoted:

Loving mine.  246 rounds through it so far, and no problems since breaking in with the first 63 rounds.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/stmcelroy/Kydex%20Holsters/IMG_8649.jpg

Link Posted: 7/13/2011 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#6]
this thread is relevant to my interests
Link Posted: 7/13/2011 9:36:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Looks like that's going to hurt.  Luckily the slide just grazes my hand and leaves grease marks on it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Funny part is it's from constant rubbing from the "beavertail" portion of the grip. Can't imagine the pleasure caused by an actual slide contact!

Quoted:

Looks like that's going to hurt.  Luckily the slide just grazes my hand and leaves grease marks on it.

Link Posted: 7/18/2011 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 7/18/2011 1:05:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Hope yours is better than the ones we soLD at the shop when they first came out.

Had numerous returns on them for pieces falling off, locking up, and basic FTE/FTF.

Link Posted: 7/18/2011 1:09:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Guess it is. No issues yet. Some may pop up. 200 rounds FMJ and 50 rounds 147 gr jhp gave it no probs. 124gr GD was the only ammo it had issues with.
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hope yours is better than the ones we soLD at the shop when they first came out.

Had numerous returns on them for pieces falling off, locking up, and basic FTE/FTF.

When and how many DB9's did you sell that had issues?
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 2:49:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Put about 250 rounds through it with two or three FTF during the first 50 rounds. Runs best with Remington 115 gr JHP.
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#14]
This stuff is sold at my local WM for 19 buck a box, feeds fine in mine.

Quoted:

Put about 250 rounds through it with two or three FTF during the first 50 rounds. Runs best with Remington 115 gr JHP.

Link Posted: 7/18/2011 3:54:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/18/2011 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I knew of the potential issues prevalent in new guns. The main reason I bought it, other than curiosity, was that the shop is less than an hour from me, and I can drop it off should problems arise. I don't think I would have purchased it had that not been the case. That said, it turned out to be a fun little gun. Once I stopped with the 124gr hand hammering ammo, its been bearable to shoot.

Quoted:

that gun really had some potential.. i hope they have the bugs worked out. our shop had about a 50/50 send back rate on them the last 2 years.

Link Posted: 7/20/2011 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

that gun really had some potential.. i hope they have the bugs worked out. our shop had about a 50/50 send back rate on them the last 2 years.

Are you talking about the DB9?  I didn't think they have been out that long.

Link Posted: 7/20/2011 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 3:31:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Are you sure you're not talking about the 380?
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 3:32:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you talking about the DB9?  I didn't think they have been out that long.  

They haven't been, only out for a month or two.  The first series of DB380's really messed up DB's reputation as a junk gun manufacture even though the new DB380's have been really good.  I think overall the DB9 is a really great gun, it has some quirks that are being fixed and is so small and light that some people can't shoot them well and they blame the gun.
Link Posted: 7/20/2011 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#21]
I just finished my modification to the DB9s mag floorplate.  I'm a big fan of the GAP floorplates that are made for the G26/G27.  I use them on a 2nd Gen G19 that I cut down to take G26 mags.  It really helps me control the pistol without adding length.  I think I have more control with those than having a finger extension that allows me to use my pinkie.  So I wanted to make something similar for the DB9.

The floorplate has a raised area on the front half of the bottom.  I cut the very front of that raised area but left the sides.  Then I cut it into a dovetail.  I cut up a Glock floorplate into a piece that fit into that dovetail.

Then I used epoxy to glue the two together and add some material to reinforce.  Afterwards I painted it with Krylon Fusion flat black.

Link Posted: 7/20/2011 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 6:51:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Tkff...in pic 5 showing the backstrap...if you remove (sand) the top 3 seration near the beavertail and smoth out the seam thats thier i dont think shooting will hurt so much.
Link Posted: 7/24/2011 8:54:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Looks pretty nice.  I'm waiting for the Bersa BP9CC.  Should be available next month or September.  Found one place online that has the black/black listed at $330 and the duo tone for $340.  

I had a Bersa Thunder .380 that was tits, but sold it to a friend.  I should have kept that little iron.  Best $200 gun ever.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Just shot my brand new DB9 today. Not sure of the ammo specs as it is my department's practicee ammo, but shot 100 rounds in less than 10 minutes with not a single malfunction. It was quite accurate and recoil was not bad at all.

For anyone interested, the Pachmayr #4 slip on grip sleeve fits on the DB perfectly and makes a huge difference.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#26]
I seem to recall that Diamondback gives a free mag to Soldiers, with ID. What if you buy from a dealer? Do I send my info to Diamondback? I'm buying one tonight or tomorrow

ETA: reread the OP.

Damn I'm unobservant
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#27]
I re-built my modified floorplate.  I ended up drilling holes through the floorplate and then enlarging the inside of the hole.  That way the epoxy has a nice physical key fit to it.  It's stout now.  I shot about 100 round through it Sunday before last.  No issues.  Control was great.  Way better than my P-3AT which just seemed to jump around in my hand.  The DB9 recoil is pretty stout but the gun stays planted in my hand.  I didn't need to adjust my grip between shots.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:20:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Woohoo, I got one.

Taking it shooting today after work
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 4:22:25 PM EDT
[#29]
I got one and cant wait to take it out. This is truly a pocket gun.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:19:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Took mine out yesterday, put something like 120 rounds through it. No hiccups, although Wolf is NOT this guns favorite ammo. Only thing I noticed is that with JHP, or Steel cased ammo, it works best to load 5 in the mag, load the mag and chamber a round, and then finish loading the mag. The JHP and Wolf liked to hang up on the feed ramp a bit when the magazine was stuffed to capacity.

Once I figured that out, I had ZERO problems. I love this little gun
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#31]
I noticed that with some Gold Dots.  If I tried to chamber a round with a full mag it would jam on the feed ramp when I cycled it by hand.  I need to see if it can strip one out of a full mag when fired.  In the mean time I'm carrying some Fiochi HPs that do work well.

I was hoping to find a bullet that is available for reloading that makes the list in the ammo forum.  It seems like the Gold Dots are the only ones.  It'll be a pisser if they won't work in my pistol.
Link Posted: 8/12/2011 4:20:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I noticed that with some Gold Dots.  If I tried to chamber a round with a full mag it would jam on the feed ramp when I cycled it by hand.  I need to see if it can strip one out of a full mag when fired.  In the mean time I'm carrying some Fiochi HPs that do work well.

I was hoping to find a bullet that is available for reloading that makes the list in the ammo forum.  It seems like the Gold Dots are the only ones.  It'll be a pisser if they won't work in my pistol.

It had no problems stripping a round from a full mag when fired, only when cycling it by hand. Recoil is minimal. Of course, I shoot a 340pd with 125/158 grain 357 magnums for shits and giggles, so my scale might be a little off
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top