Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2003 11:24:28 AM EDT
I just got back from firing my 44 desert eagle and I had a problem with 3 rounds of Federal hydra-shok's not going off.

I fired a total of 197 rds of the ammo the 3 that didnt go off I tried 4 dropps of the hammer on each round and it didnt even dent the primer so then I tried putting it in the mag with two new rounds they fired but again the other wouldnt. I kept on loading them in between other rounds to see if it would happen again but they never worked .

I can see small marks on the primers where Im guessing itS plated in somthing and the color under it is showing but there is no dent at all where on the fired cases I can see its hitting good.

Could it be a problem with the ammo maybe the primers are to hard or somthing can that happen ?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:31:11 AM EDT
[#1]
dude, that's very wierd.
are the primers set super extra deep?

i don't know.  i would say pitch the rounds and move on with your life.  or pass them onto a guy with a revolver and see if he can fire them.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:52:27 AM EDT
[#2]
i use speer in my .50 i had a jamming problem with samson. speer was smooth and never a jam or it never failed to fire. i love it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top