Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2002 5:49:46 AM EDT
can anyone tell me how much the DE that levler was talking about in the other topic  the titanium and gold 50AE  costs   it sounds cool and ive been planing to buy one as soon as i get the money
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 8:14:16 AM EDT
[#1]
There is one for sale on gunbroker.com for $850.
It may be the plain model...what a beast!
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 9:15:13 AM EDT
[#2]
If you ever find a Gold .50 Desert Eagle for $850 buy it on spot!  OR better yet, call me, I'll buy it.  That price on Gunbroker is a bid, not a price.  They normally go for around $1300-1350.  However, if you are looking at getting a Desert Eagle and planning on spending around $350, it is do-able.  44 MAG DE's generally run in that area.  Not as prestigious to the Arm Chair warriors who have seen the 50's in all the movies, but definately more cost effiecient and managable to shoot at the range.  Lets face it, at $1350 for the gun and $1 per round are you really ever going to want to shoot a gold Eagle?  And do you want to have a gun you can't shoot, practice or even test?
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 6:45:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I rented the .50 ae , yes, very impressive but very impracticle for my needs.
then i rented the 44 mag. wow i want one. i will have one.
my wife she has the baby eagle .40 cal
sweet item, the wieght really works for recoil, she is only 5 ft 4 and she loves it
the .50 is a nice conversational piece but until they make the same round in a carbine rifle type i will not own one.
my 2 cents................
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I want to make a bolt action .50AE carbine about the size of a Rem 600. - But I haven't found an action that I like yet... Needs to be a short action with a huge bolt!
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 6:43:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Tromix make an AR-15 upper conversion in the .50 AE (Hesse Arms had them on their web-site).
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 5:14:49 AM EDT
[#7]
The extremely low-quality ones that Hesse advertised were NOT any of Tony's fine creations.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 9:15:01 AM EDT
[#8]
I always wondered if they were REALLY Tromix's or not.  But, Hesse assured me they were!

Since tromix.com is back, I guess that's another source.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 1:32:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Those 24k gold and titanium nitrite (gold colored)  eagles are closer to the 2k and up mark.

I purchased a USED bright chrome plated desert eagle 50 with 2 aditional mags and box about 2 years ago used for $900.
I traded  it back in july for an a M1922 M2 rifle and have not regreted it.

I really liked the basket ball sized muzzle flash myself, But It got punishing real quick after 20 rounds.
You should also know is you cant shoot cast bullets through the eagle it clogs up the gas system fast.

The 50 ae is a fun show piece and a good deer gun. But not much beyond that.

save some money and get the 44 or the 357 and have a blast.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 8:33:30 PM EDT
[#10]
I've got a black 50AE, and I've always wanted to have it chromed.  I guess it costs $250 or so to have Magnum Research do it.

Part of me says, the hell with it, 4 months from now I'll forget I spent the money, and I'll have a chromed 50AE.  THEN, I look at it now, all black and scary, and think...wow, that's a big muther of a gun...why bother, I should spend the $250 on ammo.  That'd get me about 200 rounds.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top