Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 11:58:40 AM EDT
Just got one of these bad boys, just wondering if any other guys have this gun too. Would like some feedback from others on their 5o's .

BB
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 12:12:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the matte chrome edition in .50AE.  It's very accurate and recoil is stout but considerably less that people would have you believe.  Lots of fun to shoot.

Ammo is hideously expensive is you don't reload (and I don't).  AmmoMan has the best price on ammo that I've found at $0.70 per round, delivered, in lots of 500.  I haven't found any noticible difference in performance among the various types of MRI, CCI/Speer and Samson ammunition I've tried.

My only complaint is that my factory mags regularly misfeed the last round.  I would expect $50+ mags for a $1000 gun to perform better.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#2]
he

BB
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:32:19 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Will the 50 AE round go through a engine block???

BB

Yes.

And yeah, I love my DE.
Kicks ass.
MAKE SURE YOU CLEAN THE HELL OUT OF IT EVERY TIME YOU USE IT!!!!
And that'll solve most problems right there.
Also, make sure you hold on to it real tight,or it may have trouble cycling.
And yeah, the mag that comes with it is a POS.
Order a new one, they actually work.

I have a standard black oxide MK XIX .50AE.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:09:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Want to have some fun? Just give it to your friends and stand back to watch them shoot it. I LOVE their expressions!! BWT, just load them ONE round at a time or it could get dangerous!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Phineas,

Ammoman accidentally shipped me 500 rounds of .50 AE a while back.  I ordered .40 smith, and got ammo worth three times what i was charged.

Of course I sent it back.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:28:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info on the DE guys, I will have to make a trip to the junk yard to try the DE on a engine block!!!!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 2:35:16 AM EDT
[#7]
have one and love it. first deer kill witha hand gun at 40 yards. speer ammo works best for me. also i had a millit red dot and would not handle the recoil with aluminum rings.i suggest steel .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top