Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/4/2010 6:47:05 PM EDT
$399 a good price? Slight holster wear, night sights, tight actions, clean bores, and crisp triggers. I don't really have an urge to go into another caliber. Already have .357SIG, .45ACP, .38SPL, .32ACP, and want to talk the wife into her carrying 9mm. But S&W stopped production according to the rumors and the lack of them on their 'New and Improved' website. If these were 4506's or 4906's I would have already snagged one up.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 7:08:35 PM EDT
[#1]
GOOD PRICE.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:02:06 PM EDT
[#2]
BAD PRICE

I picked up a 4043 from summitgunbroker for less than $300, and it's pretty nice, too.  With the exception of a TSW model or a 10mm, I don't think I'd pay more than $350 for a 3rd gen.  

Watch summitgunbroker and AIM Surplus, they get 3rd gens in from time to time.

And what do you mean it's rumored that S&W stopped production?  They stopped production years ago.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:06:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
BAD PRICE

I picked up a 4043 from summitgunbroker for less than $300, and it's pretty nice, too.  With the exception of a TSW model or a 10mm, I don't think I'd pay more than $350 for a 3rd gen.  

And what do you mean it's rumored that S&W stopped production?  They stopped production years ago.

Now that you mention it. They have a rail and I believe they are TSW's.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:07:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
BAD PRICE

Well with that new bit of information...

GOOD PRICE
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:11:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
BAD PRICE

I just recently heard this and up until the redo of smith-wesson.com they were still listed with prices. So I just figured they were still in production as 3rd Gens still.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:27:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I think Smith kept making the 908/910 for a while, but I don't think I've made 3rd gens for several years.  I could be wrong, but they're definitely not making them anymore.  Too bad.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:53:34 PM EDT
[#7]
If it's a TSW, yes that a good/fair price. if not a TSW, no it's not a good price.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:03:07 PM EDT
[#8]
This is true. I love my M&P's but you can't beat a good piece of steel on your hip.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 9:47:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I sold my service S&W 5906.  Every single morning, before coffee, I kick myself in the ass for selling it.  From this, I've learned to not sell any weapon(with one exception in my collection)
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:07:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
BAD PRICE

Well with that new bit of information...

GOOD PRICE

If i had spare cash, i'd buy it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top