Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2002 7:10:24 AM EDT
I'm thinking of buying another hi-cap 1911 based pistol to go along with my Para-Ordnance P1445. I have a bunch of extra pre-ban mags for the Para, so I would prefer either another P1445 (maybe a Limited) or another brand that will accept the Para mags. I've looked at STI (expensive, race oriented) and Springfield's hicap model, which I like. Does anyone know if the hicap Springfield has a ramped barrel like the Para pistols? Anyone have any experience with Springfield's 1911 clones?  Good? Bad?
Right now I am leaning toward another Para, but would like some outside opinions. I like the fact that the Springfield is USA made and is parkerized.   Let's hear it!
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Go for a polymer Kimber. You can modify the para mags so they will work in either gun...
Link Posted: 11/16/2002 2:08:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I looked at the Kimber, but I just like steel framed 1911's better. Nothing against poly guns though (I have a Glock), and one of these days I going to get a USP of one form or another. My local dealer carrys all three brands, but doesn't have a hi-cap Springfield for me to look at. I really like the ramped barrel of the Para. Mine eats everything I've tried without a jam.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top