Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2005 3:08:21 PM EDT
Through a lucky series of personal connections I will soon acquire a nice Dan Wesson .357.

Here's a pic:

Does anyone know if there is a kit to set that gun up for .22 LR?  If so, I'd appreciate a link.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to report that as versitile as the Dan Wesson Revolvers are, there is not a .22 conversion.

If there were to be such a kit, the DW would be the natural, but it would require a .22 cylinder properly indexed and timed for the gun, in addition to the .22 sub bbl.

Sorry to report that you have (In My Humble Opinion) the FINEST Revolver made!

But if you want to shoot .22, you need to find a DW 22 revolver!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 5:58:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Bigger_Hammer!  I appreciate the information very much.

I'm going to buy the DW set on Saturday, 1/8 which means the Caliban will let me take it home on the 18th.

I'll have to make do with shooting my Springfield Armory M1911-A1 until then.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 6:10:52 PM EDT
[#3]
My grandfather has one of those sets in 100% unfired condition. How you figure something like that would be worth?

btw - Very nice wheelgun Cal Kid  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:54:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My grandfather has one of those sets in 100% unfired condition. How you figure something like that would be worth?...

Thanks.  I'll let you know what I paid for mine after I buy it tomorrow (Saturday, 1/9).  I don't want to jinx the deal.  I haven't found any complete sets like this on auctionarms, gunbroker, etc. so I'm paying the guy what he's asking and covering the transfer expenses.

Here in Cali you have to do a private transfer through a dealer, who extracts a fee plus the $14 or so for the state Dealer's Record Of Sale (DROS).  And the transfer dealer has to hold at least the frame for 10 days before I can take possession.

I'm sure a 100% unfired set will be worth more than I'm paying.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Best of luck Cal
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 1:31:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
My grandfather has one of those sets in 100% unfired condition. How you figure something like that would be worth?

$1000 max if someone really wants it.   check www.gunbroker.com

btw - Very nice wheelgun Cal Kid  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top