Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2003 6:44:06 PM EDT
Went to Galyans today to get some 223 ammo.  Just ammo!

They have never had P-22's in stock, but today they had the 5" model sitting there all pretty for $289.99.

I said damn, then I held it, then I started filling out the paper work.

Damn you all.

PS  Thanks

I got the target model with the 5" barrel.

I was under the impression that is also came with the 3.4 inch barrel.

Is that right? Please say yes.

Date of manufacture is 7/23/2003
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 3:56:22 AM EDT
[#1]
It's happening to me too! Tell them to stop!
And I never even fired one yet!
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:06:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Give us a range report when you try it out...

Mine was a jamomatic the one and only time I took it out. Subsonic ammo worked fine, but full power ammo constantly jammed. I've been told it will get better(?)

Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:14:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Make sure you check the magazines. The ones that came with mine were recalled by S&W they replaced them free, and I've not had a jam since.
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:42:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Is that right?  Please say yes.

doop post
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:52:08 AM EDT
[#5]
???

You are permitted to purchase firearms in commie-Maryland?????

Seriously though, I thought Galyans didn't carry real firearms, just BB-guns. But maybe I'm thinking of Sports Authority.

Have fun with the new addition!
--LS
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 4:53:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
???

You are permitted to purchase firearms in commie-Maryland?????

Seriously though, I thought Galyans didn't carry real firearms, just BB-guns. But maybe I'm thinking of Sports Authority.

Have fun with the new addition!
--LS

I buy most of my guns at Galyans, they have a HUGE selection and the best prices of anyone.

ordering guns is a pain, and they can't sell AR stuff or AR's, but for everything else they are the best.

yes, I think your thinking sports athority, they suck
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 5:25:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Mine was a jamomatic the one and only time I took it out. Subsonic ammo worked fine, but full power ammo constantly jammed. I've been told it will get better(?)

Welcome to the P22 Club!

Mine jams with Federal high velocity ammo and works fine with CCI Velocitor.

?

Danny
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:23:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome to the P22 Club!

Mine jams with Federal high velocity ammo and works fine with CCI Velocitor.

?

Danny

Doh! I bought 2 big boxes of the ammo it won't feed! I think it was Winchester Super X.

Since it works with the low power stuff I thought maybe the recoil spring might be weak or it was binding or something...
Link Posted: 11/26/2003 6:36:04 AM EDT
[#9]
What is a P-22 & who makes it?

Is this the Smith & Wesson P-22A?

I was looking at one last night.

Also looked at the Ruger 22/45 & the walther.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 3:52:50 PM EDT
[#10]
I love my P22. Anyone know of any places to get custome parts? Or is it too soon in production for that?
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 6:20:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
What is a P-22 & who makes it?

Is this the Smith & Wesson P-22A?

I was looking at one last night.

Also looked at the Ruger 22/45 & the walther.

Walther/S&W

It says Walther all over, and in little tiny writing on the frame it says Smith & Wesson.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 9:03:00 AM EDT
[#12]
i bought one for the little lady about a month ago. took her out with a brick of 525 rounds i got to shoot 9 rounds and she shot the rest. one day i'll sneak it out to enjoy it some more. i really enjoyed those 9 rounds.

its fun
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:06:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Is that right?  Please say yes.

doop post

I got mine with the 3.4" barrel.  You can also find them as an aftermarket accessory fairly inexpensively (around $70, I think), on ebay, gunbroker.com, etc.  Barrel swapout is supposed to be very easy with the combo wrench/screwdriver you got with the pistol.

It's one of the sweetest shooters I own. Had some problems with a roll pin working itself out after the first 50 rds, I sent it back to S&W, they had it back to me in two weeks and paid for the shipping BOTH ways.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:23:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Now you have to get a can for it!  I was shooting one the other day with a Gemtech Outback on it, and the best description I can give you was that it was "Hollywood quiet".  It's really impressive, the thing is damn near silent... just the little click-clack of the action.  I ordered a can the next day.

You might want to do what I did, order one of these packages and then give the extra P-22 to a family member or freind who would appreciate it. P-22 and suppressor package!

Link Posted: 12/8/2003 2:28:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Is that right? Please say yes.

There is a package out there that does include both barrels, but they are usually a good bit more than what you paid.  I was just at Galyans the other day and I saw the 5" model for $289, and I'm almost totally sure that it's just the one barrel.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#16]
i have 2 of them and both have been almost perfect in reliability.  i bought my first one and my girlfriend shot it at the range and i lost that one to her so i had to buy another one for me.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:51:19 AM EDT
[#17]

I also have a dummy silencer and thread adapter coming from Tactical Inovations.

(which I found out after I ordered is located only about a 45 minute drive away from me.)
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:03:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Now you have to get a can for it!  I was shooting one the other day with a Gemtech Outback on it, and the best description I can give you was that it was "Hollywood quiet".  It's really impressive, the thing is damn near silent... just the little click-clack of the action.  I ordered a can the next day.

You might want to do what I did, order one of these packages and then give the extra P-22 to a family member or freind who would appreciate it. P-22 and suppressor package!

www.tacticalinc.com/sup/sup65wp22-1.jpg

I wish I could get a supressor for mine. I have to a couple people I still need to talk to and I'm hoping to have one someday soon. You can hunt in wisconsin with a supressed weapon. I figure it would be perfect for getting rid of the annoying chattering tree rats that bug the shit out of me in the mornig while deer hunting. I could have bagged out on tree rats this deer season. Most of them would come within 20ft of where my stand is. Than they'd start chatterin away all mad cuz I was there. Oh I hate those little fuckers. I took a friends of mines dad to the range with us one day, he WAS a little on the anti side, but not any longer not after shooting the P22. He put almost 1000rds through that little gun and just loved it. I don't blame him either it's a great little gun.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:04:35 PM EDT
[#19]
New pic of the "dummy" silencer

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:09:20 PM EDT
[#20]
I just saw one (as I picked up a 10MM Dan Wesson)...What can I say, it was soooo cute.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 2:26:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

www.tacticalinc.com/sup/sup65wp22-1.jpg

Gunbert:  So, if a suppressor is legal in your state, how easy is it to get one?  IOW, what's the paperwork?
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I just got mine today, Went out to shoot it and its firing pin got stuck, so I had to take it home and figure out what was wrong with it. Easy fix but ruined my 1st experience. Shot nice for about 100 rounds, didn't even get one stuck in the chamber with the cheap stuff.

Jerad
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:29:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Gunbert:  So, if a suppressor is legal in your state, how easy is it to get one?  IOW, what's the paperwork?

I haven't recieved mine yet, I still have to do the paperwork on both my .22 can and my M16, but from what I gather from the locals here who've done it, it isn't all that big a deal.  Some forms, meet with the CLEO, fingerprints and pay the $200 tax for your new toys... and a lot of waiting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top