Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2004 1:59:22 PM EDT
I recently purchased a Remington Rand Inc. U.S. Army issue pistol for 500$ and I was wondering what  it is really worth? It is a mint condition M1911A1 45acp with 5" barrel. The serial numbers are 17609XX. If anyone knows anything about it, please let me know!!!!Thanks all!!!!hinking.gif
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I know if you want to get rid of it for $500 let me know.  I want to be the 1st in line.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:12:03 PM EDT
[#2]
he beat me too it...if I gotta sell a kidney to get that pistol..I'd do it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:38:54 PM EDT
[#3]
it was made in 1944,shipped jan 24,1945.......should have FJA stamped below the slide stop.......grips should be plastic with small rings around the screw holes.........should have a narrow checkered hammer,checkered mag catch.......HS stamped on the barrel.......and a arched serrated main spring housing w/lanyard loop.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Just a suggestion--remove your serial # from the post.  If nothing else, "X" out the last 4 to 5 digits.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:57:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 8:01:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I would say you got a very good deal, if it is in the condition you say it is
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:59:51 AM EDT
[#7]
A little caution here. The pistol is probably worth every penny you have in it. but we have no way of knowing if it's all original, or a re-parked parts gun. It should be checked over by a pro. We've been seeing a lot of parts guns out there lately. ==Bob
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Just a question why are people afraid of serial numbers?

Because some asshole could turn it in as a stolen serial # & cause you no end of grief!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because some asshole could turn it in as a stolen serial # & cause you no end of grief!

Ah, I see.  I had always wondered also.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 2:41:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys ,. but i still want to know what its worth.The guy i bought it from got it from his grandfather so i thank its original. Its just as he described earlier , all markings and everthing.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Check this site out, M-1911
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#12]
With out seeing it , I couldn't to tell you. Can you post pics without stuffing it in her pooper? It is a very good bet though that it is worth more than what you paid for it. Are you sure it is mint? This term is very overused and what may be mint to you may be 85-95%to someone who is more qualified.Be careful of any gun shops that you might take it to.They may know exactly what it is worth and tell you that it is worth $300.00 so they can scam you.( a friend of mine did just this with an ORIGINAL Colt 1911 not an A-1 that was made in 1917, all the numbers matched and it was in 90% condition with the original mags!! The gun shop guy said it was worth about $250.00!!)I'm not saying you know nothing , all I'm saying is that mint would be without a scratch and never ever fired. If there are scratches on the hood (upper , outside of the chamber that is visible when the barrell is in battery) , if the slide has been wracked once in 60 years then it is not mint. Scratches on the hammer, on the slide rails , trigger e.t.c.. Look for these , they will tell you whether it is mint or not.Good luck . Post pics if you can. You still have a nice piece!  I hope this helps. Take care. Coondog
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Your right its not in mint condition because it has been fired. thanks for advice..
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#14]
one way to see if its original is first make sure the barrel is blued not parkerized....all original ww2 barrels were blued.....second look at the stamping on the frame those stampings were always done AFTER they were parkerized...so you should be able to see bare metal there......and DONT TAKE IT TO A SHOP TO SEE WHAT ITS WORTH.....take it to a collector........if its as nice as you say its probably worth between 800 and 1000...thats based on what the market is bringing today.......there were alot of remington rands made but you rarely ever see any nice ones with all the correct parts.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:41:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Because someone not so honest could claim it as being stolen and an attempt to take it from it's owner.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 9:43:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Holy double post batman.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:33:15 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
If there are scratches on the hood (upper , outside of the chamber that is visible when the barrell is in battery) , if the slide has been wracked once in 60 years then it is not mint. Scratches on the hammer, on the slide rails , trigger e.t.c.. Look for these , they will tell you whether it is mint or not.Good luck . Post pics if you can. You still have a nice piece!  I hope this helps. Take care. Coondog

Wracked with what? Guilt? Pain? Schadenfreude?  Enquiring minds want to know!
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:36:09 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
If anyone knows anything about it, please let me know!!!!Thanks all!!!!

Check out my thread about a Remington Rand I looked at a little while back: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=5&f=4&t=9919
Links inside.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 11:50:33 AM EDT
[#19]
thanks all ,    found out from a professional that its worth 700 to 750$  .Yall have been a big help.   thanks again!!!!!!!!hippie.gif
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top