Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2003 12:11:53 PM EDT
Thinking about buying one. what kind and how much should i be paying?
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:01:04 PM EDT
[#1]
The Colt Delta came in blue and stainless, and in regular and enhanced versions of each metal.  There was also a Gold Cup version and a few others.  

The best one would probably be an enhanced version, as it already has most of the mods anyone would do straight from the factory.  The factory also does a good job.  It's not cobbled together.

I bought a normal blued one, used for $540 a few months ago.  That was a good price.  I haven't seen one for less than $500 and most go in the 7's.  Gold Cups will fetch a grand or so.  

While it's a nice enough gun for what I payed for it, it's not good enough to be calling for too much more IMO.  I mean it's a Colt and a high quality gun and all, but the high prices are a reflection of it's collectability.  They've started to become somewhat of a collector/cult piece.  I think if you get one now, you'll be getting in on the lower floors of a good investment if you keep it for a while.

Two things working in your favor is that most 10mm don't get shot to death much by most folks because of ammo cost.  Also it's hard to sell a 10mm unless it's priced right.  The market is small, so have patience and a good deal will show up soon enough.  

The difficult to sell thing goes both ways though.  If you think you might sell it later on, you might loose money on a Witness or Smith and Wesson.  The Colts are holding value, so getting a Delta is lower risk.  

www.pistolsmith.com has a forum with great info on the 10mm.  Lots to be learned there.

I've owned a 1006 as well, and if you're looking for a utilitarian auto to shoot alot out of, the S&Ws are hard to beat.  The 610 revolver is probably the best 10mm going for versatility, as you can shoot 40SW out of it as well.  Glocks and the Witness are out there as well, so there's plenty of platforms to choose from.  They are all different enough that it's really a good selection.

Ross
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:06:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I see some on Gunbroker.com...around $800 or so, depending on condition and exact model.
Other than that, Ross nailed it down.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:30:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the information unlike other sites you guys have all the answers.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 5:49:41 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I see some on Gunbroker.com...around $800 or so, depending on condition and exact model.
Other than that, Ross nailed it down.

I have been informed that I paid less than the gun was worth (which is a switch).  Maybe I got in on the ground floor myself for once?!

Ross
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 7:31:22 AM EDT
[#5]
They are way overpriced here in Minnesota....cheapest one I can find is $750, and I can buy a new Dan Wesson Razorback or Pointman for that......I just bought a Witness compact in 10MM for $369, and that will be one of my carry guns, and it really shoots good....I wish I could find a Delta Elite 10MM for a reasonable price.........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top