Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2009 9:02:40 AM EDT
If the box hasn't a label, how can I tell if my "new" 226 is DAO or DAK?  Is the factory short trigger tough to do at home, or should a smith do it?  Any thinner, smaller back-strap grips available aftermarket, other than the $180 aluminum ones from the factory?  Got a .40 cal. 226 yesterday for $500.  It has alloy frame, pic. rail, black/ss slide & a metal guide rod.  VERY new to Sigs (this is my first one)  & I got a lot of positive feedback from several ?????s   I had on the CZ forum.  Great site & I look forward to any/all info given.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:43:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Post a pic and we'll tell you.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 12:47:00 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

If the box hasn't a label, how can I tell if my "new" 226 is DAO or DAK?  Is the factory short trigger tough to do at home, or should a smith do it?  Any thinner, smaller back-strap grips available aftermarket, other than the $180 aluminum ones from the factory?  Got a .40 cal. 226 yesterday for $500.  It has alloy frame, pic. rail, black/ss slide & a metal guide rod.  VERY new to Sigs (this is my first one)  & I got a lot of positive feedback from several ?????s   I had on the CZ forum.  Great site & I look forward to any/all info given.

I do not think that it is difficult to remove the trigger on a SIG firearm, but you really need to make the determination yourself based on your skill and personal comfort level. There is nothing special required to do the job. If you can detail strip your gun (and put it back together), you can install the short trigger.

MAX
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:39:37 PM EDT
[#3]
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i219/tanyj/SIG002.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i219/tanyj/SIG001.jpg

Thare's a couple of pics.  Pretty comfortable with doing the trigger myself.  The schematics look simple, but you never know, unless you ask, about that tiny something that falls to the center of the earth if you aren't or are doing something to avoid it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:11:22 PM EDT
[#4]
That bobbed hammer is from the DAK.  The DAO sigs have more traditional hammers but no decock.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:27:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

That bobbed hammer is from the DAK.  The DAO sigs have more traditional hammers but no decock.

I agree, it is definitely a DAK SIG.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:07:06 PM EDT
[#6]
That's what i was thinking, too.  Any advantages/disadvantages to the DAK?  What's a general thought on it?  The trigger has a notable short reset.  Anyone know where to get thinner stocks for less than the factory ones?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:41:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I had a 229 DAK and the trigger was very smooth and much lighter than the double action on my other sigs.  It was also the same pull every time.  That being said I converted it to DA/SA because I just couldn't get used to the trigger and shoot it well.  There are plenty of others out there however that love it.  It just wasn't for me.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:05:59 AM EDT
[#8]
DAK 226 with standard trigger.  If you're wanting a shorter trigger reach you can get a short trigger from Topgunsupply or directly from Sig.  Also, the G10 Hogue grips are slimmer and have a little less of a hump in the back then the factory Sig grips, but they are still about $130ish.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top