Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/4/2007 9:58:04 AM EDT
I'm replacing the trigger in my BHP with a Cylinder & Slide trigger. I need a trigger spring pin to hold the trigger spring in the new trigger, and I have a Browning pin on order, but I'm not sure this is the correct part?

Has anyone else used the Cylinder & Slide trigger, if so what trigger spring pin did you use? I've heard of some using a roll pin?

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:52:26 AM EDT
Here is the Brownells part number for the trigger spring pin:

149-201-567

Did you lose the old one? Or was it impossible to get it out?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:46:34 AM EDT
Hobbs are you a HiPower afficianado too???
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:13:03 AM EDT
It's my favorite handgun with regards to beauty and feel.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:21:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hobbs5624:
It's my favorite handgun with regards to beauty and feel.

In your other thread, you stated you can get a 3.5 trigger pull. How?

I'm prepared to pull the mag disconnect safety out of there. And I'm planning on getting a 23# hammer spring and swap it. Is there anything else I can do myself? I'm quickly gaining a liking to this pistol. I like the recoil of a 9mm and I like a metal gun with a exposed hammer and a single action trigger. I'm kind of excited about getting this one running with a better trigger. I'm glad to see you posting again. Are you back to stay? I've got some 1911 questions for you too. I may IM you.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:30:18 AM EDT
3.5 might be pushing it unless you know the prefect angles for the sear face and hammer hooks. I have a fixture for the hammer. Otherwise, I wouldn't try it, but that's just me. On top of that, you need to change the hammer spring, tweak the sear spring a little, polish some contact points, and install a C&S trigger lever. That requires drilling the slide. Also, the lever has to be trimmed on pre-MKIII guns.
Top Top