Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page Handguns » Kahr
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 11/2/2003 2:31:46 AM EDT
I was surfing around looking at gunsmiths and was looking at the Custom Arms Co. site they have a very interesting Kahr P-9.. I was just wondering if you could change a thing on your Kahrs what whould it be and why?
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:30:08 AM EDT
Marianne Carniak of the Accurizer Gunshop in Troy, MI has done two of my Kahrs. My E9 got 30 lpi checkering on the front strap, Novak sights with Trijicon in the front one, carry bevel, Hard Chrome, and checkered Hogue grips.

My K40 got 30 lpi checkering on the front strap, factory Trijicon sights, Elite trigger, Hard Chrome, and checkered Hogue grips.

These are two great carry pieces.

Regards, Richard:D
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 8:02:48 AM EDT
The Kahr is a gun that needs little or no custom work to "improve" it, so mostly you're looking at cosmetic changes.
Like any gun, there's no limit on what you can do to "pimp out" one. Custom fancy wood grips, and filling the lettering with colored filler is a good start.

On my K9 I matted the front strap and the underside of the grip tang, rounded off some of the already pretty smooth edges, and beveled the magazine well.

I also did an action "polish" (actually a de-burring job) which in fact simply shooting the gun would do the same thing.

The Kahr is one of the few guns around that's almost perfect right out of the box.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 11:32:58 AM EDT
IMHO the P9 DOES need improving. The grip is actually too damn small and too flat on the side panels. They need to widen it a little and beef some plastic up around the slide release to keep it from getting bumped during firing.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 4:28:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 11/7/2003 4:29:08 PM EDT by chiz45]
here's a good site for custom Kahr stuff:

http://www.m-guns.com/
http://www.m-guns.com/practical.php

For grip width, the A Grip might do it some good, and provide texture. The slide stop needs to be beveled as well.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:43:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Lumpy196:
The grip is actually too damn small and too flat on the side panels.

Try a "condom" from Hogue. It will add some needed girth.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:48:52 PM EDT
I dont like rubber grips on concealment pieces...
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 6:52:02 PM EDT

IMHO the P9 DOES need improving. The grip is actually too damn small and too flat on the side panels. They need to widen it a little and beef some plastic up around the slide release to keep it from getting bumped during firing.

I would guess from your statement that you have big hands. Mine are smaller than average, & I find the grip size of the PM9 to be perfect for me. I would have to agree with faris that the Kahr is the closest to perfect out of the box of any handgun I know....

I have three of them, & my wife has one, & they have all been outstanding carry guns with no work needed after about a 300 round break-in period.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 8:26:48 PM EDT
Probably...I never found the Beretta 92F overly large...
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 8:58:01 PM EDT
or just buy a custom gun out of the box
ala T9
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 9:19:35 PM EDT

Probably...I never found the Beretta 92F overly large...

You're not me Lumpy! I need the PM9 as a CCW just because its so small, there's nothing else small enough with a decent whallop that I could carry. Damn me for being a skinny guy.
Page Handguns » Kahr
Top Top