Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2008 6:20:04 PM EDT
So... I have two P6 pistols out to Brad Cummings at CCR for refinishing. One two tone OD frame/Matte Black slide and controls and one in faux nickel.

The grips were particularly beat on one. The other pistol belongs to my brother. We browsed Marschalko's website but my brother didn't find anything that struck him and I was holding out for (forthcoming?) aluminum grips from Hogue.

My brother wanted something dark... real dark... so I half jokingly suggested some ebony grips. My brother instantly made up his mind that was what he wanted. I contacted Denes by email and asked if he would fulfill that request. Several days later, he replied that he could not. He had gone to shop for suitable wood and did find some ebony but it was cracked and not of sufficient quality to produce a set of grips. He told me that the necessary materials were not readily available in Hungary.

I did some searching and found several U.S. based sources of African Gaboon Ebony. I emailed Denes and asked if any would be suitable and he replied that a couple of them might. Ultimately, I decided to buy an $80 Ebony plank from a place in Virginia. I called and they patched me through in the lumberyard who personally inspected a piece of Ebony for cracks at my request. After he assured me there were no cracks, I purchased the plank. I then sent it to Denes in Budapest, Hungary.

This is what I got in the mail yesterday:

Link Posted: 9/23/2008 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I had some done by him (them?) in a grey wood for my P6...same exact pattern.

Nice grips!
Link Posted: 9/23/2008 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I ordered and received 2 sets of P6 grips from marschalgrips.
Both sets needed modifications for the decocker to work.

The grips look great, but just a word of caution to folks
who have a set, check your decocker after you install them.

FWIW: I had zero problems with my P6/P225 Nill Grips.

Link Posted: 9/23/2008 7:12:15 PM EDT
[#3]
damn !! those are nice..i need a set for my P6!  wanna sell a set??
Link Posted: 9/23/2008 7:58:02 PM EDT
[#4]
what was your turn around time. I ordered some grey walnut, hoping to get the Equinox look.
Link Posted: 9/23/2008 8:05:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I first emailed Denes July 3
I sent the wood to Hungary July 16th
He reported receiving it August 1
Grips came yesterday

I will update the thread once I install them and let y'all know how they fit. Not selling either set at this time, sorry.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 2:20:13 PM EDT
[#6]
All back together today. No alterations needed on the grips. Everything functions a-ok.

Before:

After

Link Posted: 10/15/2008 4:51:51 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
All back together today. No alterations needed on the grips. Everything functions a-ok.

Before:

i37.tinypic.com/or6mqf.jpg

i34.tinypic.com/1r526x.jpg

After

i33.tinypic.com/v8dbma.jpg

I don't suppose you want to sell the stock grips from the 2nd picture?  If you do, please IM me - I'd be interested in buying them.
Link Posted: 10/15/2008 10:02:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Those look great, nice work.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 12:02:06 PM EDT
[#9]
I have this problem right now. how did you mod it to make the decock work?

height=8
Quoted:
I ordered and received 2 sets of P6 grips from marschalgrips.
Both sets needed modifications for the decocker to work.

hinking.gif

The grips look great, but just a word of caution to folks
who have a set, check your decocker after you install them.

had
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top