Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/4/2010 4:30:54 PM EDT
Hey guys I just took some pics of my custom GP and thought I'd share them with y'all. It started life as a 3" fixed sight .357. I sent it to Clements to convert it to 10mm and pick up a rounded hammer. After shooting it I saw I needed a lower front sight, so I made one out of stainless and its rounded on both front and back so it wont catch on clothing. Next I had a buddy in the machine shop that owed me a favor slab side or flatten the barrel on each side. I then ground the top rib in a 45 deg. angle, I ground black powder chamfers on the cylinder, deburred and polished every angle I could find. I am wanting to next heavily counter bore the barrel and either find someone to "snakeskin" or "golf ball dimple" the top rib, then Ill probably sandblast and then polish and lastly see about getting it coated in a DLC or boron carbide coating. I actually haven't touched it in a year, but I've been meaning to show of my little beauty to everyone. Enjoy...

Link Posted: 8/4/2010 5:19:40 PM EDT
very nice and truly unique
Link Posted: 8/4/2010 5:59:41 PM EDT
Slick..Nicely done sir.
Link Posted: 8/4/2010 6:53:02 PM EDT
Thanks, I really appreciate the comments, forgot to mention that I also ground down the front of the frame corners where the barrel rib meets the frame. The gun really slips in and out of the pocket pretty nice, just wish I could lay my hands on some all wood Lett grips. I'm also going to post some pics of my Walther PPS that I customised a little but not as much as the GP. Seems like I tend to tweak all my guns a little bit.
Link Posted: 8/5/2010 4:10:55 PM EDT
Very nice! You don't see many people going that deep into customizing revolvers now-a-days.
Link Posted: 8/5/2010 5:20:55 PM EDT
Thank you, well the reason I got a little carried away on it was because I kept sticking it in different pockets and finding where it got hung up on (damn I love stainless!). I like carrying a revolver and auto in the same caliber that way if one goes down I still have another and ammo to cross over, but some may call me paranoid. It may be difficult to get the second gun out but at least its there, you know?
Link Posted: 8/6/2010 8:05:03 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 5:33:19 AM EDT
how's it shoot?
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 8:50:59 AM EDT
I've only shot it at 10yds. and freehand and the groups are very adequate. I don't know if Id call it a tack driver but for what's going on, meaning the cylinder rotating on a Ruger DAO trigger pull, and 10mm out of a short barreled medium frame revolver means FLAMETHOWER, the recoil isn't that bad but I do shoot 10mm alot so I may be used to it. and its intended purpose (keep in between the seat so car jacker beware or to throw in my pocket if urge hits) I love it. I do have the spurred hammer guess I could throw it in and try single action groups just for fun. I just wished Ruger would utilise the GP frame for more than just .357.
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 12:11:00 PM EDT
looks damn nice...
Link Posted: 8/28/2010 12:39:32 PM EDT
I sure would like that done to my 2-1/4 Sp101
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:40:39 AM EDT
THe bullet coming out of that gun makes me think of one thing " Houston...we have lift off !" Nice job..I would like to see more custom GP 100 work outh there. Marc Morgantti does a custom 4" Gp 100 model also. He did a great job on my SP 101.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:32:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/10/2010 10:34:44 AM EDT by easttexas]
Thanks, right after I got the 10mm conversion done I took it to the range with my now ex-girlfriend who believed that all guns were the same. After I fired off one shot of that Double Tap 10mm she immediately jumped behind me and grabbed her ears (we were both wearing muffs). I finished off the cylinder and of curse there was the noise, leaf kicking concussion, and about a foot or two flame coming out, she proceeded to inform me that my little revolver isn't very nice and its mean. To which I informed her if I have to shoot somebody the last thing I want to do is be nice and cordial right before the bullet hits them, if I ever have to use it and I miss maybe the brutal sound and flame will make them think twice. I think its kind of funny now but of all my different guns, types of guns, etc. this is the only one that she labeled "evil".
Top Top