Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2004 10:18:20 AM EST
Hey all... I currently have a NYS CCW and am looking to "broaden my horizons" since I travel a lot. I have been looking into the FL and NH CCW Non-Residents permits. Anyone have any pros/cons?... or opinions as to other "better" states to get the non-res permit?
Link Posted: 4/9/2004 2:27:21 PM EST
since Fl permits are reconized in so many states I would definately get one.
Link Posted: 4/9/2004 3:46:26 PM EST
I too am in the same position. The problem I find is certain states that you have travel through which border us i.e Mass. & NJ make it very hard to get through to the more gun friendly states (if you are traveling over the road). From what I understand neither of the above mentioned even allow peacable journey. I will be watching your topic as I am also interested. By the way Penn. is pretty easy to get non resident, as is NH.
Link Posted: 4/9/2004 4:04:48 PM EST
Being a CCW holder in the great( firearm friendly) state of FL. I would seriously recommend getting one. Like Natem4 said. A FL permit is reconized by the following states : Arkansas,Georgia, Idaho,Indiana,Kentucky,Louisana,Michigan,Miss­issippi,Montana,New Hampshire,North Dakota,Tennessee,Texas,Utah,Vermont,& Wyoming.
Here's the contact number for the Division of Licensing (904)- 488-5381 and their website is
licweb.dos.state.fl.us/weapons/index
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 9:55:22 AM EST

Originally Posted By Aim4MyHead:
Being a CCW holder in the great( firearm friendly) state of FL. I would seriously recommend getting one. Like Natem4 said. A FL permit is reconized by the following states : Arkansas,Georgia, Idaho,Indiana,Kentucky,Louisana,Michigan,Miss­issippi,Montana,New Hampshire,North Dakota,Tennessee,Texas,Utah,Vermont,& Wyoming.
Here's the contact number for the Division of Licensing (904)- 488-5381 and their website is

Florida permits are also good in NC.
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 3:27:30 PM EST

Originally Posted By NCCop:

Originally Posted By Aim4MyHead:

Florida permits are also good in NC.

them too...
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 2:47:23 AM EST
*UPDATE*

I received my NH permit in just over a week... VERY EASY to get... I have all my paperwork done for my FL permit... but I am just holding off since it is a little more pricy... it is a lot harder getting everything together for the FL permit... since fingerprinting without being a criminal seems to take an act of god to get done... if you work normal hours... I was lucky to have a buddy working at SUNY Albany Police... so he took care of me... but all the other police locally including the state police have "scheduled times"
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 3:37:45 PM EST
Get yourself to PA. They will give NY holders a CCW permit good for 5 years at a shot for $25 in 10 minutes. As a bonus it "permits" you to carry in 6 other states.

SorryOciffer
Top Top