Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/20/2003 10:00:19 PM EDT
The little NFA button Class 2 dealers can put on their Glock 18s has got me wondering just how easy it is to ILLEGALLY convert a Glock to FA. For those of you that know about the mechanism & what it does I'd like to know if my suspicion is correct. I do not own a Glock and do not want to know how to make an illegal firearm. I am just wondering if the Glock was designed in such a way that FA can be done with ease, or if there are design complexities which bar such illegal operation.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 5:17:52 AM EDT
What I recall is the main parts from the model 18 do not interchange with the 17, precluding any swapping or tinkering.
The slide from the 18 will not fit the frame of the 17...maybe a real Glockster can confirm this.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 5:35:49 AM EDT
Check out the firearms sections at E-Bay. Someone is always selling the "Convert your Glock to Full Auto" CDROM.

[sarcasm]I'm sure its really easy, and you'll never get caught[/sarcasm]

Link Posted: 9/21/2003 11:20:27 AM EDT
A sot I go shooting with has a full auto '18'. Its still stamped 'Glock 19' on the side of the slide and the frame looks just like a regular 19 w/ the finger grooves (I forget which gen this is)..

Its probably possible to convert using original parts, although I doubt anyone out there will really tell you how to do it. I wouldn't if I was a sot...
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 11:32:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/21/2003 11:33:19 AM EDT by Danno_man]
here's a link to someone that converted his G17, G19 and G26 into FA


here's a pic of a real G18

more G18 pics glockfaq.com/picswild.htm#g18cfa
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 11:40:35 AM EDT
I must be hallucinating then. I could have sworn I saw a little add-on box/button that attached to the back of the pistol with a switch on it. These weapons shown in the thread have completely different slides. & are highly distinguishable from stock pistols.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 12:39:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/21/2003 2:32:24 PM EDT by Danno_man]
the thing that attaches to the back is an aftermarket part.
check out this site
"The contents of these pages are for informational use only. The products and information is for use by BATF licensed manufacturers of Class 3/Title 2 weapons. If you are not a licensed manufacturer, the manufacture of parts on these pages will result in a TEN year expense paid vacation in Club Fed.

Link Posted: 9/21/2003 2:23:13 PM EDT
Ok, I wasn't hallucinating then. So the Glock is like the AR-15 in a sense: there's a factory setup (DIAS w fire control parts) and an aftermarket invention (lightning link). Thanks for the info. And now back to your regularly scheduled posts.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 4:08:41 AM EDT
They part you saw that gos on the back is made by FSSG they also have a nice video clip of it in action on the site http://www.fss-g.com/
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 2:53:25 PM EDT
I have demo'd a Post 86 LEO Dealer Sample Conversion Device. Some videos here:


The device allows select fire, but the method by which it works is very simple and reliable.
Top Top