Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2003 11:50:03 AM EDT
I went an played around with a couple compact springfield 1911's this weekend. I want something in .40. Now the last time i talked with anyone at a gun shop about these guns(a shop where the guys know their shit) and was told that i should be able to get any of them in 40 but for a couple i might have to pay a bit extra- ok fine with me- Now the guy at the shop i was at this weekend tells me there is no way i'd be able to get a springfield 1911 in 40 as they only make them in 9mm and 45 now..... ok. So one of the ones I was looking at was a compact "MilSpec". Now the guys at my regular shop actually called springfield about this for me like 3 months ago when i first started looking and were told i could get that gun in 40, the guy i talked to this weekend told me flat out the guys at the other shop and the guy from springfield were lying, since if it was in 40 it wouldn't be MilSpec.
So the quesations:
Anyone know if springfield did stop making 1911's in .40?
If you have one in 40 how do you like it, how is it holding up?
Especially you guys with the compacts- how are they recoil wise, and how are they in low light as far as spitting out flame?
I'm looking for something with a 3.5inch barrel max.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 4:41:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Just a thought...why don't you call Springfield and ask them yourself?

A link to their website:
www.springfield-armory.com/index.shtml
Link Posted: 10/22/2003 4:17:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know about the Mil-spec, but I received a flier from Bill Hick's & Co in Minnesota today, and they have loaded Springfield .40's on sale. Try another dealer, or have them check their info. Maybe they are trying to sell what they have instead of what you want.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 4:52:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info I shall look into it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top