Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2014 2:37:12 PM EDT
Posted this in the handgun discussion subforum, thought I'd post here also.

I have a 9mm XDM 5.25 that I'm not doing much with and am starting to see a shift in my focus going from competition ( IDPA, USPSA, 3 Gun ) to more of a SD/HD mindset.

Questions I have concern the sights and general set-up of the pistol. Initially, I want to purchase a set of night sights, possibly a magwell, and maybe an extended magazine release. In the long run, I'd like to have it as a suppressor host and will need a threaded barrel for it.

Anybody have thoughts or suggestions as to how I can go about this?

I know I can find most of the parts, just not the night sights. I could pass on the night sights and purchase a mount and red dot sight to go in place of the sights.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 10:35:58 PM EDT
[#1]
We make all of those except the night sights. We do make RDS mounts for the 5.25.
Link Posted: 9/17/2014 12:10:29 AM EDT
[#2]
I've perused your online offerings and will purchase a bulk of the items from you, Mr. Springer. Not used to seeing you on this forum, I thought you stayed over at BEnos for the most part.

I'll still be putting in an order for those new basepads and a magwell later this week.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 12:05:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't have a lot of time for forums these days, but I try to stop in from time to time. We have been very busy expanding our offerings. Let us know if we can help with anything.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got the Tru Glo nights sights on both my XDm9 and XD45 Service, great sights. Also did trigger kits on them and an extended mag release to help out in USPSA events. All great mods and relatively inexpensive.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 3:01:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the Trijicon night sights on mine.

on the springfield XDs in particular, the original sights are a huge issue to remove.
(the first place I took it broke his sight pusher trying to remove my rear sight).

i have heard that springfield will remove them for you free of charge if you send the slide to them.

im very happy with the Trijicons..
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

on the springfield XDs in particular, the original sights are a huge issue to remove.
(the first place I took it broke his sight pusher trying to remove my rear sight).

i have heard that springfield will remove them for you free of charge if you send the slide to them.

View Quote

The XDM sights won't fit the 5.25 because of the target adjustable rear sight requires a different milling of the slide.  I will keep this as an USPSA limited pistol, I have purchased a magwell and some 140mm basepads.  I wasn't hurting for a combat pistol, I like projects, my HKs will still fill the tactical pistol roles.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:24:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The XDM sights won't fit the 5.25 because of the target adjustable rear sight requires a different milling of the slide.  I will keep this as an USPSA limited pistol, I have purchased a magwell and some 140mm basepads.  I wasn't hurting for a combat pistol, I like projects, my HKs will still fill the tactical pistol roles.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The factory sights are pretty rugged , rear are plain black metal adjustable , I guess you could break the fiber , but overall I think this pistol could be used as is for Home defense YMMV
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top