Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2007 4:38:14 PM EDT
Has anyone attempted this before?  I have a couple 10 rounders that dont serve me much purpose aside from range shooting.  If no one has done it, how do I take these things apart?
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet!!!! I figured it out.  I took one apart.  All you have to do is break off the tabs, ditch the lower piece that the spring rides on top of and secure the baseplate to the body of the mag.  I used some electrical tape for testing, but the JB weld is about to come out for permanent deal.  Ill probably drill out holes for the rest of the 15 slots too.  

Maybe I'll order some 15 rnd mag springs.  These felt a bit weak, but I fed a couple mags through it without any hickups.

This isnt as cost-effective as I had thought.  Replacement springs for these things are $7.50 each  I may just run the 10 rnd springs until I have a hiccup.  It may be hard to get the baseplate off if I JB weld it on there though.

EDIT: Pics I promised, simply break off the tabs at the base and ditch the other thing I X'd out.

Half-assed finished product

Are there any legal issues involved with this?  There is no mag capacity limit in my state.  These will be my last resort for personal defense.  I just have a 3-gun coming up and want some extra capacity.
Link Posted: 9/30/2007 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#2]
final product

The JB weld is a bit excessive, this is the first copy.  The second one is still curing and looking a bit cleaner.
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 6:41:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks good. Would like to do that to my 10 round mags. Let us know after you have used them a few times on how they finally work.
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I would use them as range mags only, not for CCW.  Nice work, though!
Link Posted: 10/1/2007 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Theyre going to be my last mags for 3-gun.  I have 3 real 15 rounders, but these two may be needed.
Link Posted: 10/5/2007 7:07:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Took them out last night.  Put 100 rounds through them and had no problems.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:21:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice job especially considering the cost of replacement mags
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:27:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Call me HK ignorant, what caliber are those?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 2:26:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Call me HK ignorant, what caliber are those?

15 rounds = 9mm I'm pretty sure.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:06:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Roger, they are 9mm.  I'm going to a shoot this weekend, hopefully they stand up.  I did some fairly rapid fire with them and they had no hickups.  They could use 15 round springs, but I think I will be okay for a while.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 4:47:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Neat conversion but as mentioned above I wouldn't use it for my CCW.

BTW, what do you do when it's time to change the spring in those converted mags?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:08:14 AM EDT
[#12]
I can break the JB weld.  I jacked one up, the spring wasnt seated right and I had to open it.  I put it upside down with the baseplate overhang on the edge of a table and hit down on it.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top