Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2005 12:52:14 PM EDT
I'm looking for a reasonably priced holster that conceals well, and I've narrowed it down to a few choices.  I prefer J-hooks to snap loops (even the ones that are mounted to the side of the gun like the VM-II) because snap loops are a pain in the ass for me.  My job requires me to clip all kinds of beepers, keys, cellphones, tools, and radios to my belt and the wide footprint of the Milt Sparks holsters would get in the way.

I was looking at Galco's website and came across the NSA-II.  The thing I like about it is that the belt clip is mounted behind the holster, reducing bulk.  It seems as if the holster might rotate too much with only one clip mounted behind the gun.  That's why I'm posting this to see if this is the case.

Does anybody have any experience with this holster?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#1]
For what pistol are you going to use it?
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:07:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I have used this holster extensively.  I carry a Gov model 1911 with this holster.  The only problem I have with it is that from time to time it tends to slide a bit from where I place it.  Other than that it is comfortable and concealable.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I use it with a 5" 1911 almost daily.  Good holster.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Haven't had any experience with the NSA II, but I have had an original NSA since they were introduced, and until I bought the VMII, it was one of the best holsters I'd ever carried a 1911 in.  But I guess that doesn't matter since it has loops and not hooks.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:45:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
For what pistol are you going to use it?

1911 and Hi-Power.  Eventually I'll get one for the 226 and 92FS as well.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:53:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I know you said you prefer clips to snaps, but I would recommend you take a look at the McDaniel II from Andrews Leather.
www.andrewsleather.com/macdaniel2.htm

Same basic setup as the NSA, but the angle of the belt loop is infinitely adjustible.  Also, it will NOT collapse when the gun is drawn.  It's the only IWB I use and it easily conceals a full size Para P14 as well as smaller guns.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:19:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I know you said you prefer clips to snaps, but I would recommend you take a look at the McDaniel II from Andrews Leather.
www.andrewsleather.com/macdaniel2.htm

Same basic setup as the NSA, but the angle of the belt loop is infinitely adjustible.  Also, it will NOT collapse when the gun is drawn.  It's the only IWB I use and it easily conceals a full size Para P14 as well as smaller guns.  

I think the McDaniel II is the winner!!  The snaps are not a problem on this holster for me because there's only one snap point.  The one thing I didn't like about the Galco (from what I saw on their website) was the steep angle.  I prefer almost straight up draw.

Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top