Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/15/2015 3:33:04 PM EDT
Title says it all. I assume that there is not one answer but that it includes inspecting the handgun and making adjustments & repairs as necessary. Still, there have to be certain standards, right?  So, my questions are:

1. What specifications must a used Sig handgun meet in order to be resold as an "official" Sig refurb?

1a. Are there any parts that are automatically replaced, i.e. the barrel, as part of a refurb?

2. Does anyone here have experience with Sig refurbs and, if so, would you recommend a Sig refurb?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:22:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I can't answer about the standards involved but I can tell you that I bought a P229 refurbished in the red box and it looked like new and functions perfectly.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't answer about the standards involved but I can tell you that I bought a P229 refurbished in the red box and it looked like new and functions perfectly.
View Quote

This. My P220 was the same, and turned out to be a German made piece with the rolled carbon steel slide and internal extractor.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 4:52:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Springs and pins get replaced.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:11:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Bought a P226 in .40 cal in the red box. Looked like it was brand new and has been flawless. One year warranty. The mags were stamped saying they were for law enforcement or military only. I recently added another barrel in .357 Sig so I have two choices in ammo now. Barrel is a direct drop in and uses the same magazines as the .40. I have never been sorry I spent the money, especially when I got it about 60% of list.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:35:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Refurb SIG's are awesome. I wont waste any extra money on a new 226 or 229 again. Anodizing on rails is good, New springs, new barrel if needed. They are a good deal.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Fantastic--thanks all!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top