Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 6:54:50 AM EDT
So in these trying times it is becoming more and more apparent that there are more and more desperate (read crazy) people in this world.
case to prove point

Other than concealed holsters, which may of us know a lot about. What are some other options for hiding a gun around your desk at work.

one idea

another idea

I am not trying to get into a debate about being irresponsible by leaving your gun unattended. Just what are some options to conceal a gun off your person while at work.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:09:26 AM EDT
[#1]
You are right this could be a touchy subject.  If the person is the owner of the office I guess it would be different, but I know my office would not like me having a weapon in the office.   But when you look at the times when I person really needs a weapon, it is in the office, at a church, or in a school.   These are all places where you cannot carry.  This makes no sense to me.  I guess the saying goes, "It is easier to ask for forgivness than to ask for permission."  

Oh and I like the clock.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:33:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Carrying weapons of any type are forbidden at work but so far no one has noticed the LCP in a wallet holster in my back pocket. But if something was to happen I would try to use the LCP to shoot my way to my car where the AK is ready.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:48:07 AM EDT
[#3]
It depends on the office I guess.  There isn't a pro or anti-gun policy in our office.  I keep it holstered and no one notices.  If you have an individual office with a door you could go with the Fobus mount if you want to put it under your desk.  I considered this for easier access but I usually go tucked and it is more hassle than it is worth for me.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:52:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I am not allowed to have weapons on my person at work, but I have brought my messenger bag (read: "Urban camo range bag" (Also read: "man purse")) in with it stocked before. But I also am looking for a different way to hide it in plain sight.

If only my coworkers knew what my "man purse" was holding when they gave me shit about it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:52:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I work in a botton down shirt tie, engineering office.  There is a no weapons policy in effect.  I work in a "cube farm".  Every one passing by can see my whole desk.  It complicates things a bit.

That is why I post through American Research LTD, love that site.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:13:04 AM EDT
[#6]
This is what comes to work with me daily.
Nobody has ever said anything.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:23:50 AM EDT
[#7]
tag for interest
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:25:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is what comes to work with me daily.
Nobody has ever said anything.

I like that, what kind of work environment are you in?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:29:16 AM EDT
[#9]
This is why I love business casual. Un-tucked polo's are OK!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:29:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Under the desk magnet.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ZAA105-1.html
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:56:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Under the desk magnet.

I have looked at those, but I can't use it, as everyone can see under my desk.  I have a lockable set of drawers attached to my cube.  I have thought about putting the Maxpedition pack mentioned above, in there while I am in meetings and so forth
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:08:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Under the desk magnet.

I have looked at those, but I can't use it, as everyone can see under my desk.  I have a lockable set of drawers attached to my cube.  I have thought about putting the Maxpedition pack mentioned above, in there while I am in meetings and so forth

I too have my named taped to a cube. I am sure I would draw some attention to myself if I started screwing attachments to my desk.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Kel-tec P3AT in pocket, 1911 in truck.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:34:34 PM EDT
[#15]

bcauz3y, do you have a link for that? It looks less expensive than option 1.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:36:59 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

bcauz3y, do you have a link for that? It looks less expensive than option 1.
http://www.dillonprecision.com/content/p/9/pid/23863/catid/14/Dillon_s__Plan_B__Day_Planner

I actually just googled "plan b holster" and that was the first one that came up. The "plan b" holsters are pretty cool, inexpensive, and a few manufacturers make them, so you have options.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#17]
This is not inconspicuous...  Seriously, a padlock on a case with an NRA logo?

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:41:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

http://www.nrastore.com/nra/images/zoom/22207lg.jpg

hahha!

That is hilarious.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:59:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yeah...take the lock off and put a big vinyl bolt face over the NRA Logo.  No one will know what the bolt face is unless they are into ARs
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:03:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah...take the lock off and put a big vinyl bolt face over the NRA Logo.  No one will know what the bolt face is unless they are into ARs

Hmm... I do have an extra BFL in black sitting around.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:56:23 PM EDT
[#21]
That's sort of like squaring the corners off on an rifle case and calling it the "discreet" model.

Nobody's portfolio in the office I work in has a masterlock hanging off of the zipper....
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Also not allowed to carry at work.  Have gone 2 years carrying my LCP in a Done Hume wallet holster.  Nobody has noticed.  I used to carry my Kahr CW-9 IWB but my clothes seem to have all shrunk lately.  :)  Depending on the pants/shorts I wear, I alternate from back right pocket to right front pocket.  Love the LCP and it is flawless with Hornady critical defense.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:49:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I've never been in a job that is was possible to carry and do my job.

I use my Bersa Thunder 380 where I can, lunch box, backpack, wherever it's practical and realistic to do so.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:07:48 AM EDT
[#24]
642 in the pocket.  Done.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:00:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So in these trying times it is becoming more and more apparent that there are more and more desperate (read crazy) people in this world.
case to prove point

Other than concealed holsters, which may of us know a lot about. What are some other options for hiding a gun around your desk at work.

one idea

another idea

I am not trying to get into a debate about being irresponsible by leaving your gun unattended. Just what are some options to conceal a gun off your person while at work.

IWB

I wouldnt leave or store a handgun in or on my desk

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:23:59 PM EDT
[#26]
My job forbids me to carry at work, so I carried a NAA 22lr for 13 years in my pocket every day and no one ever knew. I now carry a Ruger LCP in my right front pocket and know one knows. I just do not tell, and make sure it is concealed in a good pocket holster. If my employer finds out I carry they will probably fire me, but my safety is my responsibility (I am a probation officer). The sheep at work never pay an attention to my wardrobe or if I carry a weapon. If I have to use it I will be alive to find another job. If I need it and do not have it I will; or could be dead. But my cold dead body would still have a job. Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:00:39 PM EDT
[#27]
I am a mechanic so we all wear uniforms and there is a no weapon policy but like many others I keep a larger caliber gun my truck and have a LCP in a pocket holster to carry. My problem is that laying on top of engines working with some thing like a gun in my pocket can get uncomfortable and there is no way to remove it while working so usually I don't carry at work. Maybe I should replace the LCP with an LCR and get an ankle Holster
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:10:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My job forbids me to carry at work, so I carried a NAA 22lr for 13 years in my pocket every day and no one ever knew. I now carry a Ruger LCP in my right front pocket and know one knows. I just do not tell, and make sure it is concealed in a good pocket holster. If my employer finds out I carry they will probably fire me, but my safety is my responsibility (I am a probation officer). The sheep at work never pay an attention to my wardrobe or if I carry a weapon. If I have to use it I will be alive to find another job. If I need it and do not have it I will; or could be dead. But my cold dead body would still have a job. Good luck.
Make sure they violate that supervised

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 8:27:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Kahr mk9 in an mtac with velcro clips.

I wear a tucked in polo shirt at work and blouse my shirt around the weapon.

conceals extremely well, no matter if im bending or lifitng.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 10:51:08 PM EDT
[#30]
J frame in the pocket or Glock 26 on the ankle if you can manage it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 10:12:00 AM EDT
[#31]
I've carried and tried several ways.  Various compact handguns in tucakble IWB holsters (CTAC as an example), ankle carry, and of course pocket guns.

The easiest is the pocket gun/bigger gun in the vehicle combo.  I know it isn't a whole lot of firepower but it is something to start with and of course is truly up close and personal firearm defense.  I also have a Kel Tec P-11 that came with a little leather case that looks a lot like a Palm Pilot case (remember those?).  I can sit this on my desk and most people think it is a Smart Phone/Blackberry or iPod phone case.  I'm sure the newer compact Kel Tec's and Ruger 9mm will fit the bill here as well.

If you have lockable drawers at your workstation you can transfer a larger handgun into it; of course this depends on who is around and what they see.  From your description that seems difficult.  A nondescript messenger bag that you carry into work may also be a good way to bring a larger handgun and extra magazines but if the gun is in the bag and you are in the bathroom when something happens how does that help?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top