Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2004 7:49:07 PM EDT
 Excuse my ignorance, but does Kimber make the Stainless Compact with an aluminmum frame without going into the CDP series?  I was looking at the 2004 catalog today and I didn't see this as an option.  I am looking at a new carry piece and would appreciate the weight savings.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:16:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like they do - Pro Carry's come in steel or alloy frames.  Not sure if this is still being offered as an option though.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/compact.php
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:35:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I looked at the Pro-carry, but it has the full length grip.  I was looking for the short grip and a 4" barrel with an aluminum frame similar to the Compact CDP but without the CDP price tag.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:09:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Ultra Carry. It has an officers size grip but only a 3" barrel.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 9:30:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
 Excuse my ignorance, but does Kimber make the Stainless Compact with an aluminmum frame without going into the CDP series?  I was looking at the 2004 catalog today and I didn't see this as an option.  I am looking at a new carry piece and would appreciate the weight savings.

No. The Pro Carry comes with either steel or aluminum frame, but the Compact is only available in steel (without bumping up to the CDP, as you addressed).

Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#5]
They made one when I bought my Compact CDPII a few years ago.  Bought the CDP because I wanted tritium sights and the carry melt didn't hurt either.  My only regret is the slide is brushed stainless, rather than flat black.  That isn't a real complaint.....As far as a defense gun goes, they are nearly perfect right out of the box!

If it is a budget thing, when you add the cost of the night sights,  you are over what you would put into a compact.   If you need any other help rationalizing a CDP purchase, let me know.h
Oh yeah, forgot to mention chaged the grips to a set of McCormick smooth thin grips.........another almost complaint....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top