Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 3/13/2002 8:43:36 AM EST
Watching the movie "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly", I want to acquire the same revolver as in the movie. What are they called? and who made them or clone? They are not Colt Percussion revolvers are they? as listed in Gunsamerica.com

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:17:13 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/13/2002 9:20:51 AM EST by CockedandLocked]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:27:36 AM EST
Please educate me. What is percussion? and black powder? Do I load these revolvers with cartridge (center fire) or with black powder and lead ball?
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:39:14 AM EST
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 10:16:22 AM EST

Originally Posted By CockedandLocked:
percussion relates to the method of ignition ie: percussion cap, which is set on a nipple on the cylinder, also known as cap and ball. The ball relating to a lead ball (bulet). These do not use center fire amminition, and use black powder or the improved version called Pyrodex. It is a low pressure powder NEVER use the common powders used in todays ammunition

Thanks for the info. I am a little disappointed because I really like these guns but I don't know much about percussion cap or black powder and lead ball bullet. I thought they fire center fire cartridge like my other guns. Do they made replica of these guns that fire center fire ammo?
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 10:36:54 AM EST
Top Top