Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2010 3:32:36 PM EDT
I am picking up a new Colt 80 series Monday afternoon. It is a model 01091 stainless government. I would like to swap out the hammer, grip safety and main spring housing. I am having a hard time finding the colt parts to do this. Thought I would ask here. thx
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 4:23:26 PM EDT
I just had to order a recoil spring for my defender, no one had one except Colt online. Cheap, and it ships tomorrow.
Here's the linky to the Colt online store.

Link Posted: 10/24/2010 6:01:55 PM EDT
No luck at Colt's site. I have looked at few diff sites but can only find the plastic MSH. I could go aftermarket and hope for a good finish match I guess.
Link Posted: 10/24/2010 6:25:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/24/2010 6:25:15 PM EDT by bmmc]
Not sure if they'll have what you need but Specialized Armament sells Colt 1911 parts.
Link Posted: 10/25/2010 12:06:44 PM EDT
You can also get genuine Colt parts at Gun Parts Corporation and from Brownell's.

You have to take care at Gun Parts to make sure you get genuine Colt parts, and if you order Brownell's standard catalog or the free 1911-specific catalog, they have a genuine Colt parts section in the back.

Also, if you actually contact Colt, they have parts that are not listed on the web site.

Link Posted: 10/25/2010 3:22:24 PM EDT
I feel like a dummy. Forgot about the normal places for parts like Brownells and SA.

I am now thinking I might change all the external parts to bright stainless, maybe.

freaking guns
Link Posted: 10/27/2010 8:16:35 AM EDT
MidwayUSA stocks the Colt parts you mentioned. Recently ordered a SS MSH for my S80 Commander from them.
Page Handguns » Colt
Top Top