Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2005 11:40:03 PM EDT
i hit my local pawn shop and saw a older model colt officer sized series 80 1911 w/ hogue grips and florecent (non glowing) sights--firesights i think

its bluing shows some wear and the inside frame has some early signs of rusting/browning....but i think that she just needs to be cleaned

how reliable are the officer sized?

they were asking $489--i was thinking that i could offer $440 (or less...) out the door.....what do you think?

thanks all

p.s.: this is perhapse a future carry weapon--small, compact and fairly priced.....
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:02:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:48:48 AM EDT

Originally Posted By SGB:
I have one in stainless and it runs fine, I gave $450 for it about a year and a half ago.

thanks SGB

i did check out that series 80 full size, but got a kimber TLE (internal ext) for a heck of a price--thanks  flashooter and EE!

gotta post pics of that one.....

but i realized that a more compact 1911 is in order and untill i can find either a commander sized one for a decent price, this officer seems to be the most viable at the moment....
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:20:58 AM EDT
My stainless Series 80 Officers ACP was the first pistol I bought and has been very reliable.

I also enjoy any opportunity to post a gratuitous gun pic.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 11:16:40 AM EDT

Originally Posted By JohnRippert:
My stainless Series 80 Officers ACP was the first pistol I bought and has been very reliable.

img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/johnrippert/45s.jpg

I also enjoy any opportunity to post a gratuitous gun pic.

you should, they look great!
Top Top