Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2005 11:40:03 PM EDT
i hit my local pawn shop and saw a older model colt officer sized series 80 1911 w/ hogue grips and florecent (non glowing) sights--firesights i think

its bluing shows some wear and the inside frame has some early signs of rusting/browning....but i think that she just needs to be cleaned

how reliable are the officer sized?

they were asking $489--i was thinking that i could offer $440 (or less...) out the door.....what do you think?

thanks all

p.s.: this is perhapse a future carry weapon--small, compact and fairly priced.....
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:02:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 12:48:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have one in stainless and it runs fine, I gave $450 for it about a year and a half ago.

thanks SGB

i did check out that series 80 full size, but got a kimber TLE (internal ext) for a heck of a price--thanks  flashooter and EE!

gotta post pics of that one.....

but i realized that a more compact 1911 is in order and untill i can find either a commander sized one for a decent price, this officer seems to be the most viable at the moment....
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 6:20:58 AM EDT
[#3]
My stainless Series 80 Officers ACP was the first pistol I bought and has been very reliable.

I also enjoy any opportunity to post a gratuitous gun pic.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My stainless Series 80 Officers ACP was the first pistol I bought and has been very reliable.

img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/johnrippert/45s.jpg

I also enjoy any opportunity to post a gratuitous gun pic.

you should, they look great!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top