Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2004 9:32:05 AM EDT
I have a chance to buy one of these from an acquaintance. I comes with a holster and three mags. It has a blue finish and wooden Colt Gold Medallion grips. He is asking $400 for it. It appears to be about 95% or better condition, hardly used at all.

Is this a good deal? What does one of these usually go for?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#1]
i haven't looked at them lately so take this as just my .02 worth:

the price seems right if its nice and tight, the blueing is pretty much as new and it WORKS every time you pull the trigger.

the problem i have seen with any 1911 style - including the officers model - is folks like to tinker because parts are easy to install.

if its original, good to excellent condition, i'd say jump on it.  but make him an offer of $375 to see if he'll budge.

you can pickup full sized, new 1911 style pistols for around the $400 mark.  but the officers models are nice and convenient in size.  
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 5:03:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I jumped on it. I got him to come down to $350 cause there are some scratches on the frame. Other than the scratches, the gun looks pretty good!

SGB, where can I get the stainless steel recoil spring plug ?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:01:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 4:55:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:31:41 AM EDT
[#6]
You did great
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#7]
One more pic cause this little gun is cool as shit!      

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:27:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top