Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2011 10:43:13 PM EDT
I just picked up a used Colt Magnum Carry revolver at a local pawn shop for $350.00... Its about 97% to 98% with a set of non-factory rubber grips and the blue plastic factory case.

I do not believe that Colt still makes them and I would say its most likely from the early-mid 90s.

I do not know anything about Colt revolvers, but $350.00 seemed to be a pretty good price for this revolver AND I know I didn't lose any money with it... I'm more of a S&W revolver type of guy.

Thanks for looking!!
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 3:32:56 AM EDT
Good deal. If you don't want it I'll take it off your hands. Post some pics of your find.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:17:52 AM EDT
Originally Posted By bergunx:
I just picked up a used Colt Magnum Carry revolver at a local pawn shop for $350.00... Its about 97% to 98% with a set of non-factory rubber grips and the blue plastic factory case.

I do not believe that Colt still makes them and I would say its most likely from the early-mid 90s.

I do not know anything about Colt revolvers, but $350.00 seemed to be a pretty good price for this revolver AND I know I didn't lose any money with it... I'm more of a S&W revolver type of guy.

Thanks for looking!!

I hope they go back into production someday.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 8:43:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/31/2011 8:44:40 AM EDT by donmor53]
The Magnum Carry was introduded in '99 and if memory serves me correctly...it never made a full production year before Colt had financial difficulties and shut down most handgun production. It is extremely highly regarded by Colt collectors and was a steal at $350. Although I managed to buy mine usd in about the same condition in 2000 for $325...I haven't seen one for less than $1k for several years now.

Great little guns...
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:52:05 AM EDT
Originally Posted By donmor53:
The Magnum Carry was introduded in '99 and if memory serves me correctly...it never made a full production year before Colt had financial difficulties and shut down most handgun production. It is extremely highly regarded by Colt collectors and was a steal at $350. Although I managed to buy mine usd in about the same condition in 2000 for $325...I haven't seen one for less than $1k for several years now.

Great little guns...

Bingo, they were made for one year 1999. At $350 you did very well and at 98% it should make you a decent profit if you decide to sell (double your money).
Page Handguns » Colt
Top Top