Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 10/19/2013 2:49:04 PM EDT
I'm wanting to buy one and it seems nobody has them what's the deal? Anyone have a lead on where I might find one?

Are they scarce now because Colt isn't producing that model at this time in production?
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 5:44:18 AM EDT
[#1]
In my area they are easy to find. The biggest local shop has several new and several used ( I would probably by an unmolested used one rather than new- I can get into a used excellent for under 700 bucks) new are just under a grand
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 8:46:58 AM EDT
[#2]
www.scottsdalegunclub.com has 1 for sale.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 8:49:14 AM EDT
[#3]
My friend's shop has nearly a dozen of them... I just got a 1979 w/ box and papers

They've got a bunch of series 80s also...
Link Posted: 10/22/2013 6:08:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Clyde Armory has the blue version listed in stock right now.  Never bought from them, but I check out their site every now and again as their prices are pretty good.  

http://clydearmory.com/colt-government-model-45-series-70-blue-finish.html
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 5:13:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I know where one of them is!

Link Posted: 10/25/2013 7:53:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Believe it or not but Colt is not a huge player in the 1911 market.  It's been awhile since I looked at the numbers but their production for 45's was running around 20,000 a year.  Kimber is probably close to 100,000.  RIA and the other Phillipine guns I'm sure are beyond that.  Colts can be hard to find and frankly have been that way for long time.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:47:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Try SAWS in Sunnyvale.  They had about a dozen different models of Colts on the table at last weekend's gunshow.  I believe I saw a new production series 70 among them.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:54:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I have been looking for a stainless 70 for a while now.   I haven't been beating the bushes and cruising every shop in town like I would have in my younger days, but they seem pretty scarce.   I was told Colt only builds 500 blue and 500 stainless per year.   I thought that was BS, but I just read the new Marine rail gun is only going to see 60-80 builds per month so perhaps the prior number wasn't BS.  Seems like Colt doesn't make a lot of guns.

Which is a shame since due to quality issues, I generally need to go through 4-5 to find a great one.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top