Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/22/2001 8:18:42 PM EDT
I have the oppertunity to buy a very mint 3 year old 6" barrled fired only 50 rounds Colt Anaconda 44 mag. From someone that has no idea of what it is worth. Unfortunitly either do I. He is a haggler and he wants what he paid for it 3 years ago. Well do they appreciate or depreciate in value. What do you guys think a fair price is??
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 1:54:13 PM EDT
[#1]
The only way to get one now is through the Colt Custom Shop, IIRC. They will appreciate in value at some point. Look at the auction sites to see what people are asking for them. I love Colt revolvers, so I'd get it if I could. Of course you want to offer him less than what he paid for it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Whatever you pay for this Colt will be too much. Just kidding. The only real following for any Anaconda model is a true Colt fan, IMO. Otherwise no one else would pay inflated prices for what's a decent revolver. Unless this particular modle floats your boat, I'd ease on over to perhaps a S&W for what's probably a price that's $100 cheaper than the Colt.
Link Posted: 12/26/2001 4:00:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I am a Colt fan and think you can give the fellow 50 or 100 less than he paid for the item.  I Bought a Colt Python from a felow at a show and I got a similar deal for the whole package...good luck...go for it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 8:42:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 12:25:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe colt has come up with a limited run of revolvers....due to customer demand.....anacondas are decent revolvers..once offered in a couple different calibers...(many moons ago).....not a item that appreciates in value however....since similar 44mags are more readily available....and sometimes less expensive.....colt did have a mfg problem with this model at one time...short of a recall I believe...but it was a long time before this one was built.....check the colt website and see if there are`nt anacondas available right now.....definitly NOT on par with python...but a good item if the price/condition are right..........You can go to gunbroker.com...or find someone with a updated blue book to get an idea on value.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 12:34:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 4:52:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I wish I had one. Maybe the Easter Bunny will bring me one...if I can ever pass NICS! I adore the Anaconda, even after having many model 29s.
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#9]
asking $700.00 obo
any takers?
Link Posted: 3/21/2002 7:13:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 4:44:01 AM EDT
[#11]
My other book says $500 in mint shape...(the Krause phone book sized publication.)
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 5:20:48 AM EDT
[#12]
It seems the anaconda has a following nowdays.....with inflated prices......colt does make them right now.....6 or 8 inch......ported or not.......was`nt that long ago...I remember you could have one for about 500$......guess it takes a colt lover?........
Link Posted: 3/25/2002 9:16:20 AM EDT
[#13]
I've got one for sale in the EE right now (Anaconda.) It comes with a very nice AIMPOINT 5000 mounted with B-square mount and rings.
One hole groups...and an exceptional trigger. I'd keep it but I really need the $$. I know I'll regret selling it...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top