Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/16/2020 9:48:49 PM
Posted: 9/14/2009 5:18:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/14/2009 5:40:43 PM EST by Barney_Calhoun]
Any idea what this gun is worth? It has the polished blued finish, condition is very good and seems to have been used very little. No scratches in the bluing, checkering in the wood handle is in good shape. It belonged to my girlfriend's Uncle and she is considering selling it.

edit: Serial number look up says it was made in 1967

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:19:37 AM EST
350. Maybe a as high as 450, depending on condition, local market, box and papers..

The Agent was alloy frame, they typically aren't as popular as the steel frame Dec Specials.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 5:57:59 AM EST
nice examples on Gun Broker start around 450-500. much more with box and papers
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:24:50 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2009 4:27:38 PM EST by Barney_Calhoun]
She just sold the gun to Cabelas for $290. Sales guy there told her it was in 90-95% condition of new and they will probably sell it for $450. Cabelas buys used guns at 65% of the price they will list it for sale as.

Thanks for all the help.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:27:35 PM EST
umm, I would have given her a bit more for it sight unseen. I know Cabela's was convenient, but they had a beater agent in there that they wanted like $500 for the last time I was in boise(2 months ago) It was loose as a goose and had hardly any finish left on it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:12:43 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/18/2009 7:18:32 AM EST by Barney_Calhoun]
Originally Posted By WantsAnRRA:
umm, I would have given her a bit more for it sight unseen. I know Cabela's was convenient, but they had a beater agent in there that they wanted like $500 for the last time I was in boise(2 months ago) It was loose as a goose and had hardly any finish left on it.

The guy at Cabelas was honest with her about the condition and even showed her what the books say its worth in that condition. He even suggested she try to sell it on her own before selling it to Cabelas. But like you said, she wanted convenience. Money is tight for her right now and she didn't want to deal with phone calls and price haggling.

The Cabelas salesman said they will probably list it for sale on their website in addition to the local store.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:09:37 PM EST
I understand, sorry, I just hate hearing how much gunshops pay for those old guns...
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:19:39 PM EST
Originally Posted By Barney_Calhoun:
Originally Posted By WantsAnRRA:

The guy at Cabelas was honest with her about the condition and even showed her what the books say its worth in that condition. He even suggested she try to sell it on her own before selling it to Cabelas. But like you said, she wanted convenience. Money is tight for her right now and she didn't want to deal with phone calls and price haggling.

The Cabelas salesman said they will probably list it for sale on their website in addition to the local store.

That is probably a much higher price then a local gun store would have given her, I'd be surprised if they offered more then $200 to her. That was a fair wholesale price they gave her.

It will sell for between $400 and $500. Great little revolvers.

Top Top